View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang watched the young cat begin to drift off, the high poppy seed dose doing what he hoped. He knew that his time would be short though. Shorter than you liked. He would have gladly taken a moon to prepare for this procedure, and a mentor would have been nice. But all the old tom had was his mind, his teeth, and what little knowledge he possessed. He took a large wad of cobwebs from his shelf along with as much comfrey, yarrow and chervil as he could carry. He carried them all further into his den where the dosing apprentice lie. The death scent from the tail seemed like it had already gotten stronger. It strengthened his resolve, but he still felt sick. This would be a risky procedure. There was a chance the apprentice would bleed to death. But if he left the tail where it was, she would definitely die. All the old tom had time for was one, long deep breath. With a sick stomach, he set to work biting through tail, just at the injury site. There was blood. Lots of it. He knew it couldn't be helped. When it was done, he put a thick mixture the herbs on the stump tail and bound it with cobwebs. He had to change them once before the bleeding stopped. It left him barely enough time to tail the dead tail segment out of the den. The apprentice didn't need to see that. Then he made a quick visit to the stream near camp to clean the blood from his face and paws. By the time he made it back to the medicine den, exhausted. Gorsepaw was stirring. "You're awake," he said, relieved.
Gorsepaw felt a little dizzy, her vision blurry. The tabby apprentice looked behind her, trying to see the state of her tail but all she found was a bleeding stump covered in herbs. ShineFang greeted her. "Yeah. What time of day is it? I've been in and out of sleep for what seems like moons!" She mewed, looking away. Then it suddenly hit her. Gorsepaw looked back at her tail to check if it was real. It was. He apprentice suddenly became dizzy and struggled to catch her breath. She thought the best thing was to close her eyes and lay down and drift back into slumber. It's probably just all the poppy seeds kicking in she reassured herself but anothe part of the Molly was panicking what if I die? Am I going to wake up? No...my body and my mum is just confused right now. It's a difficult time. I'm sure my tail will heal soon enough an I will be out of here in no time.