View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2018, 07:41 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@king kaleb!
Entrust me with the herbs... Juniperpaw had given Nightpaw the one thing she needed most at that moment, a way to feel useful. With great solemnity she nodded and watched as Shinefang used a beechleaf to pack all the herbs into a leaf packet. She nodded at the Riverclan apprentice. "I know the way and I can track Daydream's scent like they said." She took the hefty packet in her jaws, which were stretched wide with the bulk of all the contents, and turned to leave the den. "Eye Unieraw, Eye Ienang," the black apprentice called through her full mouth as she left.

Once it was just him and Juniperpaw, Shinefang heaved a sigh. "One time I had a burr in my pelt. I didn't see it, and when I went to groom my fur, it got stuck to my tongue. That...that was a good day compared to today." the old tom turned to lick the fur on his shoulder, which was still sticking out in a tuft from earlier when he'd been sleeping. He twisted, but found that his spine ached to much when he tried, and giving up, he turned to the Riverclan apprentice. "Something else on you mind, Junebug?"
@king kaleb!

Juniperpaw watched Nightpaw through a distant gaze before being brought back to reality by Shinefang. She looked over at the big tom, and snort-laughed as he finished his short story. You can say that again, she thought with dry amusement. ``Uh, yeah, actually,`` Juniperpaw meowed uncertainly, taking it upon herself to approach Shinefang and sit down at his side where she could flatten the messy tuft of fur on his shoulder and avoid looking him directly in the eyes. She simply couldn't bring herself to look at him, not with such a topic as the one she wished to bring up, and especially not after he watched Daydream blow up on Juniperpaw. ``I- you said you've lost cats before. Was that... before or after becoming a medicine cat - or both? I just - why is this so difficult to say?`` She paused for a moment to gather herself before continuing, ``How do you deal with losing someone?`` Juniperpaw remembered all her losses - the young kit and the elderly warrior, her mentor and even her own mother. She'd lost them all recently, and she feared she may just lose Daydream as well.