View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

@king kaleb!

Juniperpaw wasn't sure if Daydream wanted to see her so soon, especially not after their recent... obstacle. And if Nightpaw decided she could carry it all, then she was sure the warrior apprentice could handle it. She nodded briskly, and flashing Nightpaw a teasing smile she responded, ``I suppose I'll entrust you with the care of these herbs.`` Nightpaw had absolutely no involvement in the tension between Juniperpaw and Daydream and she had absolutely no intentions of dragging the poor apprentice into it. She would do her best to keep the mood of the situation as far away from Nightpaw as possible.

She turned her attention to Shinefang and actually felt sadness flood her at his response. It's not the first time I've lost a cat. It won't be the last. Juniperpaw wouldn't wish such pain on anyone, not even her greatest enemy. Then she wondered if Shinefang spoke from his experience as both a warrior and a medicine cat or just a medicine cat. Is this what being a medicine cat would mean? Heartbreak and guilt at every turn? The negativity overpowered the positivity, Juniperpaw found, and she wasn't sure if she could deal with saving or failing lives as well as the issues of her personal life. I wish Geckoleaf were here to help me. Juniperpaw had never felt comfortable sharing everything with Daydream - maybe because they obviously were struggling with their own issues? But maybe, just maybe, she could confide in Shinefang.

When the older tomcat spoke of Daydream, Juniperpaw could only turn away and flick her ears in acknowledgement. She was sure this event would always haunt her, even if Daydream decided to forgive her. When the subject changed, Juniperpaw took a moment before turning back. ``Will you be alright without me, Nightpaw? I was thinking I'd stay behind with Shinefang for a short while.`` Juniperpaw cast the older tom a brief, questioning glance as she wondered if it would be okay for her to stay a little longer. She believed him when he said he'd be fine alone, but she knew she wouldn't be. She didn't want to return to RiverClan where her den was empty and she'd be allowed to wallow in her misery. At least with Shinefang she'd be kept busy with his jokes about his `handsome appearance`, which never failed to amuse her. And perhaps she'd find the courage to tell him about her losses and how to cope with them.
@king kaleb!

Entrust me with the herbs... Juniperpaw had given Nightpaw the one thing she needed most at that moment, a way to feel useful. With great solemnity she nodded and watched as Shinefang used a beechleaf to pack all the herbs into a leaf packet. She nodded at the Riverclan apprentice. "I know the way and I can track Daydream's scent like they said." She took the hefty packet in her jaws, which were stretched wide with the bulk of all the contents, and turned to leave the den. "Eye Unieraw, Eye Ienang," the black apprentice called through her full mouth as she left.

Once it was just him and Juniperpaw, Shinefang heaved a sigh. "One time I had a burr in my pelt. I didn't see it, and when I went to groom my fur, it got stuck to my tongue. That...that was a good day compared to today." the old tom turned to lick the fur on his shoulder, which was still sticking out in a tuft from earlier when he'd been sleeping. He twisted, but found that his spine ached to much when he tried, and giving up, he turned to the Riverclan apprentice. "Something else on you mind, Junebug?"