View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
The apprentice ate the herbs eagerly, trusting ShineFang entirely. It took a little while to kick in but when it did, GorsePaw felt sleepy again and curled up in her nest, closing her eyes. She wasn't really asleep. She could still hear and feel (not including her tail) perfectly well. The apprentice knew that the medicine cat wanted to tug at her tail but she couldn't help dozing off.

GrouseStar stood in front of Gorsepaw and DouglasPaw, towering over them. I guess now we're reporting to the leader she thought unconsciously. "GrouseStar! We want to report two Dusk Syndicate cats at the border!" DouglasPaw mewed. Gorsepaw stayed silent for a while, just nodding and shaking her head in agreement to her brother's statements. "Did you see what they were doing?" GrouseStar asked. Gorsepaw decided to answer this time. "yes! It was a Tom and a she-cat fighting eachother! I have a good memory of what they looked like too. The she-cat was black with bright blue eyes and the Tom white with black patches and yellow eyes." The tabby apprentice sat up straight, puffing he chest out, proud of their findings. "They spoke to us too...but I don't remember what they said." DouglasPaw mewed nervously. Gorsepaw couldn't remember what they'd said either-she was only going off of what she's seen and heard in her dream the last time she slept in the medicine den. "I will ask patrols to keep an eye out." the leader purred "Let me know if you spot or scent them again." the two apprentices nodded then dashed off into the nursery.

Gorsepaw was woken by a pain in her tail. Oh right, it's dead. How come I feel pain then? I had the herbs and if most of it is numbed by nerve damage... She didn't dwell on it too long, she just looked around for ShineFang.
Shinefang watched the young cat begin to drift off, the high poppy seed dose doing what he hoped. He knew that his time would be short though. Shorter than you liked. He would have gladly taken a moon to prepare for this procedure, and a mentor would have been nice. But all the old tom had was his mind, his teeth, and what little knowledge he possessed. He took a large wad of cobwebs from his shelf along with as much comfrey, yarrow and chervil as he could carry. He carried them all further into his den where the dosing apprentice lie. The death scent from the tail seemed like it had already gotten stronger. It strengthened his resolve, but he still felt sick. This would be a risky procedure. There was a chance the apprentice would bleed to death. But if he left the tail where it was, she would definitely die. All the old tom had time for was one, long deep breath. With a sick stomach, he set to work biting through tail, just at the injury site. There was blood. Lots of it. He knew it couldn't be helped. When it was done, he put a thick mixture the herbs on the stump tail and bound it with cobwebs. He had to change them once before the bleeding stopped. It left him barely enough time to tail the dead tail segment out of the den. The apprentice didn't need to see that. Then he made a quick visit to the stream near camp to clean the blood from his face and paws. By the time he made it back to the medicine den, exhausted. Gorsepaw was stirring. "You're awake," he said, relieved.