View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2024, 12:57 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethewolfchild View Post
Mantispaw meowed I'm Mantispaw, the seven moon old apprentice vey much willing to introduce herself to Orangeblossom. She had already known his name, courtesy of her incredibly vivid memory, which ws probably courtesy of her intelligence, which was quite above average, the fact she had seen him in the clearing with other cats before and thought that she might have heard his name uttered, and the fact that she was pretty sure that she remembered his warrior ceremony, which was five moons ago, but she knew that most cats didn't have nearly as vivid as a memory as she did, so she wasn't really surprised that she had to introduce herself. If Mantispaw remembered correctly, and though she hated to admit it but she almost certainly did Orangeblossok had been made into a warrior five moons ago, back when she was just two moons old, meaning that he was probably no younger than 17 moons old and probably no older than around 20 moons old. She was pretty sure that he didn't yet have an apprentice. Hopefully he would get one soon, as it was indicted when he offered to take one or two apprentices who weren't is only out to practice hunting that, unlike most of the warriorsin the clan he would likely actually train his apprentices, and it wasn't fair to the young cats of the clan that most of them were assigned to mentors who would never actually train them because of the ineptitude of the warriors. That was something about othee cats that shewas glad she didn't understand, hoping with her whole heart that she never would. Thankfully, she douted that she evr would, though there was of course a chance that she would one day be that warrior. After all, you could never know what you would do in a situation you hadn't yet been put in. You could know what you would likely do, but knowing exactly what you would do with full certainly was utterly impossible, though it was definitely possible to think that you knew what you would do ina situation you had never been put in with utter certaintly. After all just because you though you knew something didn't always mean that you actually knew it. She wasn't surprised that Orangeblossom had done some things that he probably shouldn't have as an apprentice, as many apprentices could be mischievous and didn't understand everything aabout life, not that anybody understood everything about life, but they didn't understand very much, because of their young ago and lack of experience. She wasn't really the type to to anything that she thought might be against the rules, courtesy of the way she had rapidly matured when her parents died six mooons ago, when she was barely a moon old. Her intelligence also lendig a helping paw, as both of them puttogether make it simple for her to understand that breaking rules was usually a foolhardy endeavor that oftenended up with you ending up in trouble. There were of course times whenthe reasons for breaking rules outweighed the cost, but those times would few and usually far in between. Many cats would never come across a good reason to break rules in their whole lifes, though that didn't mean that they wouldn't break any rules in her life. She couldn't really think of much that was going on in her life. She didn't really fit in with the other apprentices, so she didn't hang out with them much or anything and so far her life was usually quite uneventful, which Mantispaw knew was probably a good thing. Because of that Mantispaw ended up meowing not much because that was the genuine truth. As she knew that he might have assumed thatshe had already had a hunting lesson, even though she had only been an apprentice for around a moon she meowed I haven't had a hunting lesson yet, so may you give me one?@Dolomedes

Orangeblossom
| He/him | ThC Warrior | Moons 17 | No Purrks |

Mantispaw, huh? That was a neat name, not one that he has heard many times before. For a long moment, the apprentice seems to just be caught thinking in her head as they padded along the territory until Orangeblossom felt it was a good spot to stop and hunt. He didn't really mind the silence necessarily but he perferred noise, so he opened his muzzle to try to strike up conversation again only Mantispaw to reply to his question. Nothing, nothing fun at all? Well, that was kind of expected, not like there has been very much good news recently besides like the raid win but even that came with its costs. The warrior sighed inwardly and shook his head to clear it of such negative thoughts. Focusing instead on the comment about not knowing how to hunt. The warrior grinned, "No problem! I can show you a thing or two for hunting."

As he spoke they arrived at a tree filled spot that would act like a good hunting area in the warrior's opinion and he slowed to a stop and motioned for the apprentice to do the same. Before he hopped forward, dropping to a hunter's crouch as he landed suddenly, with a grin he turned his green eyed gaze on the apprentice. "This here is a hunter's crouch. You want to try and level yourself across all of your paws and keep your tail low but be careful not to brush it against anything." The tail part came from logic rather than experience given that Orangeblossom was born with a nubby tail himself and never had such problems to deal with in hunting. He demonstrated having uneven paws and moved a few paces forward, it was louder and it was kind fo leaving his path a bit more crooked. Then he turned and returned to his starting point with even paws, "I first walked with uneven paws, it was louder and I had less control over where I was going, it also leaves more vibrations going through the earth that can spook more sensitive prey like mice. Having even paws makes my pawsteps lighter and quieter it also helps me stay on track when I am focusing on the prey rather than where my paws are going."

He lifted up into a stand after showing off the crouch and looked at the apprentice with a smile, "How about you try now?" He asked lightly. He didn't feel like Mantispaw would have much trouble with this but he didn't mind trying to explain more in-depth about the hunting crouch.

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!