View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2016, 12:45 AM
Word Nerd~

My Mood: Sick

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post
@Brooklyn Trees

Accidentally killing a cat was always a concern, but experience went a long ways, and given time he was certain Ebonypaw would become more comfortable with the idea of her clan-mates lives being in her paws.

"Marigold is a low-grown flower; normally yellow, but you can see it in orange. It's used to stop infections - hence why I referred to it as an antibiotic, but it can also be used for stopping bleeding and treating the inflammation of stiff joints. I would use cobwebs over it for bleeding however; it's more common and does the job just as well! To apply it -- you normally chew it up and spit the juices onto the injury. You can also use it in a poultice, which is a herbal mixture bound to a wound."

"Ah.. oh, yes! Cobwebs are just pressed directly to the wound. Poppy seeds are given orally - that is, they eat it, and dock can be as well if you're using it for bellyaches. You can also chew dock and spit the juices on the scratches that're being bothersome. The juices are also the substance you can rub on pelts to help them escape. You'll come to learn many of these are the same procedure."

"I hope I'm not going too fast..? I know I can ramble off, and I'm not entirely organized, so if there's something that's not making sense, please let me know." It was just - nice to be able to talk to someone again. Shatteredstar didn't exactly provide the best company.
Ebonypaw flicked her ear. She was trying to sort through the new information as quickly as possible and though he was going quite fast she was paying close attention. Not that it wasn't difficult of course, but she had at least retained the information of what those herbs were called, mostly what they were used for and at least a bit of how to apply them. Even with what she had retained from it she probably wouldn't admit if she didn't understand something anyways, she wasnt sure how that would play out but admitting deficiency had never been something that she was particularly good at.

Then again, if she didn't admit her confusion when she came across it then that could result in... Very bad things. She wouldn't doubt her common sense, like the fact that it was probably not a good idea to have somebody eat cobwebs, about those things if it came to that, though her common sense wasn't always very reliable. Actually maybe you were supposed to feed cobwebs to somebody for a specific reason or another? She tried to push away her earlier thought of 'you shouldn't do that' so that it wouldn't counteract her ideas of how she was supposed to do things if she was told otherwise later on.

"I'll let you know." She mewed, not sure if she would keep this half-promise of hers when it actually came to it. She didn't want to put anybody's life on the line but she also didn't want to admit that she could be wrong about something. She decided to push her thoughts away and go over it again if it came to it so that she could spend more time committing the facts that she had just been given to memory. She knew that she had no difficulty remembering things if she was trying to but she didn't want to take any chances for a first time forgetting.

(Sorry if some of my sentences don't make much sense it's a bit late here and for some reason I'm not able to properly construct sentences when I'm tired, which is how one of my essays ended up with 'the symbolization of the symbols symbolizing' one night... I'm going to stop rambling now and just post this XD)

Hi! I’m Brook, but call me whatever you wish =^^=. I’m unfortunately not very active, and though I may come back every once in a while to say Hi, I’m not sure if I’ll get back to Roleplaying or not. Miss you guys.