View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2016, 11:34 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

@Brooklyn Trees

Accidentally killing a cat was always a concern, but experience went a long ways, and given time he was certain Ebonypaw would become more comfortable with the idea of her clan-mates lives being in her paws.

"Marigold is a low-grown flower; normally yellow, but you can see it in orange. It's used to stop infections - hence why I referred to it as an antibiotic, but it can also be used for stopping bleeding and treating the inflammation of stiff joints. I would use cobwebs over it for bleeding however; it's more common and does the job just as well! To apply it -- you normally chew it up and spit the juices onto the injury. You can also use it in a poultice, which is a herbal mixture bound to a wound."

"Ah.. oh, yes! Cobwebs are just pressed directly to the wound. Poppy seeds are given orally - that is, they eat it, and dock can be as well if you're using it for bellyaches. You can also chew dock and spit the juices on the scratches that're being bothersome. The juices are also the substance you can rub on pelts to help them escape. You'll come to learn many of these are the same procedure."

"I hope I'm not going too fast..? I know I can ramble off, and I'm not entirely organized, so if there's something that's not making sense, please let me know." It was just - nice to be able to talk to someone again. Shatteredstar didn't exactly provide the best company.

Last edited by BEAR.; December 2nd, 2016 at 11:34 PM.