View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2016, 04:16 PM
Word Nerd~

My Mood: Sick

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacross View Post
@Brooklyn Trees

"Correct," he praised. It was disappointing she didn't recognize cobwebs as well. It was almost as common as sticks. "The leaf is dock, the white webbing is cobwebs, and the seeds are poppy." Ebonypaw hadn't provided any indication she had an inkling for their use, so he continued. "Sticks have two primary uses: they can be used to set broken limbs, and they can be given to a queen during kitting to alleviate pain. Poppy seeds are another painkiller, but they can not be given to a queen. Especially during kitting. One of the attributes of poppy seeds is that they cause cats to fall asleep, and if a queen fell asleep while in labor .. it risks both their life and the kits."

Awaiting a moment to let that sink in, he went on. "Cobwebs are fairly simple. They're primarily used to stop bleeding, and can be used as a binding for poultices and sticks. Depending on the severity of the wound, they can be soaked through -- so just be ready to add more."

"Now dock can be used to make a slippery substance, and if a cat's caught in a trap, that can be rubbed on their pelt to release them. It's also useful for bellyaches and scratches -- it's not an antibiotic like marigold but it serves to soothe them." Taking a break from speaking, the spirit glanced from the medicinal objects to the apprentice. "Did you get all that?"
Ebonypaw's eyes widened as Aconiteheart began to speak before she forced them to go back to their general position. She could end up killing cats if she wasn't careful, something that she wasn't too excited about actually. The she-cat looked at them carefully as he spoke, trying to create a general list in her mind of what the tom was saying, and continued to do so, repeating his words in her mind as he asked if she had gotten all of that.

The she-cat looked up at the tom and nodded.
"Yes. I think." She mewed, and then asked a question that had entered her mind as he spoke. A word that she had not heard before.
"What's marigold?" She figured that they would get to it later, but she was curious about what this plant could do, and also to figure out what an antibiotic was.

She went back to carefully dragging her eyes over the four plants on the floor. She had a good memory if she was trying to remember things, she was just afraid that she would forget one of the important things, like 'do not give a poppy seed to a queen who is kitting', and also to try to remember what each looked like individually.

Hi! I’m Brook, but call me whatever you wish =^^=. I’m unfortunately not very active, and though I may come back every once in a while to say Hi, I’m not sure if I’ll get back to Roleplaying or not. Miss you guys.