View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2017, 09:58 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

What type of cat do you think I am...? The greyish silver feline wanted to ask him, but she held her tongue back. Instead, like she had been scolded by a parent, she pulled her ears back. Instead of impressing him, she was failing. Big time. Though it wasn't a first. She couldn't impress every cat she went passed. Secretly, Chrysanthemumshade felt that Wolfglare was a mystery. That he didn't allow anyone to get to know him. So far, she could see how he enjoyed night walks, that he liked the cold because it felt pleasant to his thick fur. This was all the she cat could get from him. Honestly, it felt aggravating that he was acting like a door, and she knew she didn't have the key to unlock every happiness, every fear, every sadness, every desire. She didn't have a code for any of that. Exactly, what did a cat like Wolfglare need to hide? From a distance, the tom looked he would be he epitome of all evil in the world. From that stoic expression to those cold eyes that could kill you with just one look. She was quite surprised that she even allowed herself to even approach the tom earlier that day. He already looked like a brooding mess within the Warriors den--and, what made her stay? That she was enjoying their conversation? That she found out that he liked Shadowclan to be under good leadership? That he believed Shadowclan is under weak reign because of their paranoid leader? That she should had walked away, and perhaps she wouldn't have gotten to know his sweet side? Bittersweet...he certainly was. This was something she registered. Chrysanthemumshade had wondered if there were other cats that were able to unlock that side to him. Just the thought of warriors, apprentices, and kits fear him without even knowing him.

And, yet I have done the same thing...judging that he would hurt her. Thinking that he would pound her into oblivion--when truly he can, but she doubt he would be that sinister. After all, haven't he allowed her to touch his pelt, despite him not being the one for such...affections? Haven't he wrapped his tail around her, keeping her warm? The gesture had taken her by surprise actually, and he seen the looks he had given her. She couldn't even return them. She felt out of place, so insecure, and in that moment, empty in her thoughts. "What," she turned her head to look at him, slightly. She didn't know what to say, or what to think. She wanted to know what her next move would be. Clearly, acting brave was over with. Maybe there was a different way to approach this manner. "Is there something on me?" She gave a light shrug, as she quickly gazed at him before averting her gaze. Being stared upon always made her insecure. Other she cats might like it. Bask in the attention, but to Chrysanthemumshade it always reminded her of the way her mentor stared at her. Like she was the only thing in the world.

Her nose twitched, and she put on a hidden smirk. The she cat felt taken aback at the fact that she jumped at the sound of a bunny. Those sweet, innocent little things couldn't do any harm, could they? However, she didn't want to appear that scared when she was really frightened. With her tail lashing behind her, the feline gave Wolfglare a sly grin. "Bunnies are dangerous, you know!" She mewed, matter-of-factly. "They're not to mess with. They're like...very, very...dangerous." She allowed herself to believe so that she didn't appear stupid. Though she might had when she voiced that out. Giving off an awkward laugh, she had to think of something else to say. Something quick. "I wouldn't have to worry about them though. You'll protect me." It sounded weird. Though he had admitted those words himself. I'll protect you. That was when she had froze up for a moment. What reason did he have to protect her? Chrysanthemumshade felt that she could believe the words. She wanted to, but that was hard for her. She was still quite frightened of him. She learned long ago that words meant nothing. Actions were everything. She could only impress so many cats by verbal responses, but once they actually seen her complete the action? She might as well had made a new best friend.

Chrysanthemumshade figured that she wouldn't say anything to this. She greatly appreciated the fact that he felt he could protect her. Who wouldn't want protection from a large cat that could swipe the life out of you just by a smack of his tail? The thought really made her laugh. Slowly, she began to embrace the coldness. Not that she was that cold. Especially with the warmth Wolfglare was providing her. The she cat looked around, admiring the soft moonlight that settled around them. It was a state of bliss. The leaves softly swaying to the wind. Her ears kept twitching, her small body shivering. Though she kept a smile on her face because, after all, she did have someone to protect her.

"I bet you can handle a fox," she turned her head to stare at him once again, looking him up and down with her green optics as if checking him out. Perhaps he wouldn't even have to handle a fox. The fox would simply run at the size of him. When she turned her gaze away, her ears flicked. "I doubt you'd be able to not handle a badger." She gave a light laugh. "I bet you can handle anything that comes your way." She purred, and gave a gentle lick to her jaws. He was like a sturdy wall. A statue that others couldn't break down. Not even a cat's worst predator. She admired that a lot. Because she knew she could never be like that. She was small, easy to run over. Both mentally and physically. Though she rather prefer that cats run her over physically. Her mind was tender, very easy to take advantage of and shape to anyone's desires.

When the large tom had stopped, Chrysanthemumshade almost kept going. Her tail swayed gently behind her, until she noticed he wasn't walking next to her any longer. And, the breeze hit her pretty hard, giving her a chill. She stopped in her tracks, turning her head to give him a glance, her nose twitching. He was just...sitting there. Why has he stopped when it was cold out here? The she cat slowly padded her way back towards him, looking up at him with her dazzlingly orbs. "Is everything alright?" She tilted her head slightly. See, Chrysanthemumshade was pretty clueless. She didn't know that Wolfglare was inviting her to snuggle against him. In her eyes, it was tempting to do just that. He was practically sitting down, a thick pelt that was warmer than hers would ever be. Though, she stayed planted to her spot. She didn't want him to appear uncomfortable. Instead of waiting for him to answer, she was tired of the wind blowing through her pelt, so she gingerly sat next to him, not too close, but just enough to feel the warmth. She kept her paws close each other, and wrapped her tail tightly around her to add more heat. She kept her eyes locked down on her paws until she felt that she was ready to look up. Stars, and stars, and more stars accompanying the moon. "Ah, the night is gorgeous," she smiled brightly, flicking her ears, then pinning them flat against her head. "No wonder you like to be out here." She quickly looked over at him. "You're like a shadow, aren't you? You like to be unseen?" She asked him, twitching her nose once more, and squinting her eyes to look at him. He did have somewhat of apparition look to him. No cat would ever see what he would be doing. She hardly could even see him in the night, but his stunning eyes were the only clue that gave him away.
"Uh, yeah, just a leaf." Wolfglare meowed gruffly, watching as a clump of pine needles from the trees above them fell to the ground just behind Chrysanthemumshade. "But it's gone now." The large tom averted his gaze away from the feline, his eyes scanning the ground before him as he walked. As she stated what he figured was a "fear" of bunnies, Wolfglare laughed. An actual, genuine laugh that carried through the darkened forest. He glanced at the gray tabby walking beside him, his ice blue eyes seeking less cold know then they had earlier. "Oh yeah, I bet that fearsome little thing has got a whole army, and it's about to jump out at us and attack!" Wolfglare lashed his tail, glancing around the territory as if he could spot the so called "army of bunnies." "If they get anywhere near here, you might have to worry. Yes, Ive dealt with foxes and badgers, but a whole army of bunnies? I'm not so sure if I could do it..." Wolfglare's voice was laced with sarcasm, and he smirked at Chrysshade.

This was Wolfglare's playful side, his sweet side. The side that showed through when playing with his brother, Smokepaw. Ever since apprenticehood, Smoke had been the only cat that had experienced Wolfglare's sweet side. His gruff, stoic side was still part of him, but it was not all of him. And it seemed like Chrysshade had broken down some well-built walls. But without Wolfglare himself noticing. And that was something. Something was surely different about her than any other cat he had met. And Wolfglare was determined to find out what that difference was. For sure it was a good difference. And Wolfglare decided, that tomorrow, bright and early, he'd start his experiment. On this she-cat who made him feel as if he could actually make a real friend for once.

As Chrysanthemumshade sat down beside him, seemingly declining his offer, Wolfglare curled his tail back around his paws, feeling his pelt heat up. He didn't know why it was heating up, the tom had honestly not felt embarrassed since he was a young apprentice. And he did not remember the feeling at all. Why am I so hot? It was just cold a minute ago! Shifting in his paws uncomfortably, Wolfglare used the silence to look at his surroundings. Colors were something that Wolfglare loved to see, which you wouldn't think that a dark-furred, "nocturnal" tom like him would like that kind of thing. But even in the night, Wolfglare found that plenty of color still lingered in the forest. The illuminating green glows of the lightning bugs, the silver stars shining above, the crystal blue of the water, and the soft yellow of owl's eyes perching through the darkness as they searched for prey. As Wolfglare's pelt cooled off again, he was staring off into the distance, taking in all the beauty around him.

Wolfglare fully agreed with Chrysshade as she spoke. The night was gorgeous. He marveled at how brilliant, unique and beautiful everything was during those moonlit hours. Herbert words caught him off guard slightly. But it was true. He was a shadow within the clan, hiding in the darkened corners, listening, watching, silently. "I'm not big on being in the spotlight. I like to be alone, with only my thoughts to comfort me." Wolfglare realized this may sound a bit rude, and give the fellow warrior the wrong idea. "At least, until you came along. I think that you're someone I could get along with, someone i could call a... Friend?" Wolfglare focused his icy eyes on her, seeing the brilliant green once more of her own hues. The dark-furred tom could just not get over her eyes, an how amazingly beautiful they seemed to him. His ears flattened slightly, and he averted his gaze, looking down at his paws, which were his underneath his tail. He didn't know how she would respond, and he awaited the worst, like what always happened why we he tried to make an actual friend.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.