View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2024, 05:53 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 35 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

Perhaps it was strange to feel this way but as the tripod melted into Redhawks fur, sinking into the other hornet and pressing as close as much as possible, but Mudhound felt safe. It was a rare thing, usually the maine coon was the one to make others feel safe and didnt experience the same instability that required them to actually receive help. So the tripod just.... didnt get that from other cats, not that it ever felt like a loss to them before.

But here for a moment with nothing but Redhawks warm russet fur and soft heather scent and her words..... It felt like nothing in the world could harm them or even existed. Mudhound almost believed Redhawk even over the wailing inside their mind, and maybe in time they would believe her always rather then this one moment where the other molly made everything else disappear.

Because, for now, things still existed and Mudhound was to be pulled away to find what they were increasingly sure was a corpse. Trying to pull themself together enough to speak the maine coon slowly blinked before horsely promising "Y-yeah. I will. I promise. Ill bring her home." In one form or another they would, for Bumblekit and because Redhawk believed in them.

It took effort to draw away from her, more then Mudhound understood and even as the full pain came rushing back with distance the tripod was confused. At first they'd been certain that the odd feelings in their heart had been grief and guilt, present even as they were curled beside Redhawk, but now that pain was back with separation and it was revealed that what they were feeling was something else. That kind of made sense, the heartache felt warm and kind rather then the sharper sting of Bumblekits loss, but what could it even be besides that?

Mudhound was.... confused but unable to examine it as they gave Redhawk a sad little wave and left the camp to lead the patrol, forcing themself to keep limping lest they loose all motivation to leave her.

@talle (I didnt know if I should drop a reply to this but I WANTED TO YOU GET BONUS GAY)

Last edited by Rani; March 27th, 2024 at 05:53 PM.