View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2016, 09:00 PM

My Mood: Queenly
Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Clearing

[open post]

Corazon and Neira sat on opposite ends of the clearing. The sisters were identical in appearance. Tall, slim felines built for speed and stealth. Light brown tabbies leaning more towards a tawny color with piercing amber colored eyes. That is where their similarities end. Stolen from their mother at four moons old, Neira all too readily, in Corazon's opinion, accepted with change of scenery and forgot her old life completely, including any lingering hope of returning hom. She quickly grew cold and heartless. There was not a remorseful bone left in her body. Only bloodlust remained. She was loyal to the Syndicate and the Syndicate alone.

Corazon, on the other paw, hated this place with a burning passion. The dirty streets and loud noises were horrid to her and she clung onto the memories of the quiet forest clearing they had once resided in. Despite her hatred for the Syndicate, she accepted the fact that she would have to play along, so to speak, to some extent if she ever wanted to return leave and return home. Luckily, she had been assigned the role of Hunter. She didn't have to aid in the kidnapping of helpless kittens. Even so, she did have to witness the utter horrendousness of these felines as a whole. They feared weakness. They were so afraid that they either killed the weak or banished them to starve to death or be killed by something else.

Corazon clung to the wall of one of the buildings at the edge of the clearing. She stayed in the shadows, as per usual. She hoped not to be noticed for fear she would be told to do something she didn't want to; told to do something utterly against her morals. Her tail twitched nervously as she slowly groomed her ragged fur. She hadn't taken the time to do so in what seeme like moons. There were no streams or lakes to bathe in here. Just disgusting puddles and slimy sewer pipes. Across the clearing, Neira lounged under a street light. She wasn't afraid to put herself where she would be noticed. All she wanted was to be sent out once again. She needed something to do. The thrill of a kill or stealing a kitten for the Syndicate, ripping it away from a home it would never see again, was what sustained her.
You felt the weight of the world fall off the shoulder
And to your favorite song we sang along, to the start of forever

And after all this time
I'm still into you