View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2018, 03:29 PM
wowowowow

My Mood: Stressed

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
An initial wave of shock washed over Servalwing, and uncharacteristically appeared on her face. Her baby blue eyes flashed with a brief moment of hurt, but was quickly replaced by admiration. Flashpaw had been her first apprentice, one that, though things were slow moving, Servalwing had enjoyed training and teaching. She saw great things in store for the young feline, though she had to admit she hadn't seen this one coming. Sure, it hurt to realize that they would no longer be training together, and Servalwing would no longer be able to teach her the ways of a ShadowClan warrior, but who was she to disagree with what StarClan lay out? Though she didn't share the same fast belief in their ancestors as she was sure a majority of the Clan medicine cats did, she knew better than to step in the way of destiny.

"Flashpaw, that's fantastic," she purred, her tail curling in delight as she stretched her neck forward to nuzzle her apprentice. Her chest and shoulders rumbled with happiness as she lifted her head, gazing down at Flashpaw as a mother would her kit. "I'm so proud to have been your mentor, and I will rest easy knowing that you have some background as a warrior. But, I know you will make the best medicine cat ShadowClan has seen, and that this is the right path for you." It was known that she was a cat of few words, but something about hearing this good news unleashed a dam within her, a grin turning up the corners of her maw as she beamed down at Flashpaw.
When she heard her mentor's words- or previous mentor? It was too difficult to tell- Flashpaw opened her eyes and sighed with relief, comfort filling her gaze. It made her so happy to know she had no hard feelings with her mentor and that she could continue on to her ceremony. At least Flashpaw would sleep better at night, knowing that her mentor supported her in whatever choices she did make throughout her bumpy life. "Sorry for shocking you like that," she apologized suddenly, noticing the astonished look on the molly's maw.
But then, she realized something. Servalwing had always been the quiet one, only saying a few more words than Flashpaw in their training sessions.
And yet, the news must've shocked some words into the feline, as they had just said a ton. It made the female happy that her warrior mentor still cared about her and wasn't hurt by the decision. She searched her blue eyes carefully, looking for any signs of hurt or guilt. Finding none, she returned Servalwing's happy grin, her jaw twitching as her lip split slightly from lack of use. She'd smiled so much today her jaw hurt and her lips were splitting and bleeding, but it was worth it. "Oh, stop it! I won't be the best!" Never had this female been so happy to know she was cared about by more than just her sister and (maybe) her mother. She just hoped it would last- but, like any moment of joy, it would end eventually. That's how Flashpaw saw it, really. Nothing lasts forever. Though, frankly, didn't that mean her depression would end, too? The she-cat really didn't know anymore.
i think it goes without saying that im completely 100% inactive on this site now,, sorry! if you leave me a message there’s a small chance i’ll see it in, like, six months and reply, but that’s about it. hello and goodbye ¯\_(ツ)_/¯