View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2024, 10:26 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: The Starcave

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud purred quietly when Springpaw had nodded. She noted the movement of her mouth, presuming that she had said something along the lines of yes. Lifting her tail from Springpaw’s shoulders, she began to lead the way into the cave–with a bit more confidence than she had when they were traversing the territories. Certainly there was no kind of danger in here, so she was a lot less anxious here. With a playful flick of her tail, her tail-tip flicked her apprentice’s nose ever so gently.

“Off we go, then.” She cast the words over her shoulder as her paw pads came into contact with the cold stone of the cave’s floor. The closer that they got to their objective–the moonstone–Drizzlecloud began to get what she could only describe as the heebie jeebies. Not that this cave was frightening, but more so in regards to the surprise ceremony that she had in store. What if I do it wrong? Oh, no, what if she absolutely hates the name that I give her? Exhaling through her nose, she tried her best to dispel the concerns circling her mind. It’s going to be fine.

The stone came into view, and she paused a few tail-lengths away from it, her gaze locked onto the astonishing quartz before her attention slowly drifted to her apprentice.

“Springpaw, my apprentice.” She began softly, her eyes alight with an affectionate warmth. “My exceptional pride. I… Hope I’ve done well at keeping this decision a secret from you–a nice surprise, I’d like to think, but there’s no point in hiding it now. After the events that took place during the raid, when I woke up, I-I… I was so frightened. Afraid of what had happened, what had become of me, perhaps what had become of the clan in my absence. However, when I awoke, after my fit of terror, of course, I was given a moment of calm… But only at the sight of you.”

Stepping closer to the moonstone, she sat with her tail curled neatly over her paws, and with a small nod of her head, she gestured for Springpaw to come close, too. “You had taken charge that day. I always knew that you were capable, I’ve seen it time and time again, but considering the scale of that night… You acted with confidence in yourself, your knowledge and your capabilities. It has been a pleasure watching you grow, Springpaw. From the moment that Bumblestar assigned us as Thunderclan’s medicine cats, learning our first basic herbs together, when you were anxious and still stumbled over your words at our very first gathering together… Up to this very moment. No matter what the world throws at you, you manage to come back stronger each time… An intelligent, heartfelt, dedicated young molly whom I have had the privilege of calling my apprentice.”

Drizzlecloud paused to offer her a smile, her green eyes growing cloudy with each word that she spoke. Springpaw was her pride. They had learned alongside each other and taught each other, aided each other in healing others and in healing each other. There was no doubt in her mind that this young healer was her greatest pride. “I believe, wholeheartedly and without a single doubt, that you are more than ready to take the next step in your path as a medicine cat.”

Oh, I really hope she likes it. With a sharp inhale and a few rapid blinks to hopefully brush away her tears, she swallowed hard before she continued. "So... I, Drizzlecloud, medicine cat of Thunderclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help, she will serve her clan for many moons."

There was a pause as Drizzlecloud gave Springpaw a small nod of her head. "Springpaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between clan and clan and to protect all cats equally... Even at the cost of your life?"

[ @vei i started crying real tears writing this btw ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!

Last edited by Omari; March 9th, 2024 at 01:17 PM. Reason: extra stuff to make the rp faster lol