Old October 24th, 2023, 09:02 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Blackwater Bog

*-Larkwing-*
She/her | 17 moons | Mind Reader - ACTIVE
A sleek dilute tortie she-cat with green eyes

Water laps and splashes and boils, soaking soft grey and tan fur. As her eyes track the tom, Larkwing cannot bring herself to doubt the words he spews - the promises thinly veiled as threats. He says he will kill her if she does not succeed in restoring RiverClan to glory, and he means it, and Larkwing feels it deep in the very marrow of her bones. She does not wish to die, does not wish to be just another failure in the long line of RiverClan’s leaders.

…but she is not naïve or desperate enough to seek power or take the easy way out. She will work hard to protect her clan, despite this ancient cats potent doubts that protrude from every fiber of his being. He does not believe in her, perhaps he thinks her soft, perhaps he thinks her weak and inexperienced, and while the latter is true and often her heart rules over her head, she is not incapable of making decisions that her heart does not agree with - theoretically anyway.

The statement that she will receive no lies is… well, she should have expected such a thing for being brought here instead of among the stars. It’s still disheartening. How is she expected to throw herself into the fray to protect everyone if they know she has no lives to spare? How is she supposed to be a beacon for how the clan should behave if she has nothing more to spare than any of them? …Really, this new title she’s assuming is nothing but superficial nonsense, she’s nothing more than an ordinary warrior placed upon a pedastal.

”I don’t plan on slacking off,” she informs the ancient tuxedo as he stops right next to her, inches away. ”I’m young, I can serve my clan - our clan - for a long time if I play my cards correctly. I can- I’m going to raise us to the top of the forest again.” Bold words. She wants to believe them. She tries so hard to believe them. If she can restore them to their former glory… she’ll have made a real difference. She won’t be the imposter her brain keeps telling her she is. She wants so badly to believe she can really do such a thing. ”And I’m going to start by winning back Cattail Pond.” Resolute. Firm. Her gaze, though still uneasy, does not waver from Magpiewisp.

[ magpiewisp - @SkeleStar ]