View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2017, 09:15 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Charmer @king kaleb!

Juniperpaw looked over her shoulder at Nightpaw, an amused purr rumbling in her throat at the sight of the warrior apprentice who didn't seem to know what to do with herself. Abandoning the herbs sitting at the base of the herb store, the young feline padded over to Nightpaw, lowering her head to sniff at the bundle of messily-gathered herbs. An abundance of scents attacked her nose, and she noticed some curves and points and coloration in some leaves that weren't there in others. ``No, these are completely different leaves. See the edges of some of these? The colors, the points? Smell them? You could definitely argue that not all leaves are exactly the same, so rely feel free to rely on scent when ordering these. Just be careful not to let your nose stray.`` As Juniperpaw spoke, she was able to separate two herbs she found were different, though she was not aware of their names. One smelt different than the other, one of the leaves had a darker coloration, and one had edges to it where the other leaf was more rounded. [rounded: borage. edges: chervil]

As Shinefang entered the den, Juniperpaw glanced up at him, smiling warmly. ``Don't worry about it, Shinefang. It happens to the best of us,`` she meowed in what she hoped was a comforting tone. She sat on the other side of the bundle of herbs, opposite to Nightpaw, and helped to place each leaf and berry in their appropriate pile. That's when she heard Shinefang exclaim about the Gathering, causing Juniperpaw to whip around and find him picking at Daydream's pelt. She zoned in on the dried blood decorating the ShadowClan cat's pelt and she released a a high-pitched cry of concern. ``Daydream! What's happened?`` Worriedly, Juniperpaw joined Shinefang's side and hastily began sniffing at her friend's injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
at the feeling of the two medcats picking and sniffing at their pet their fur rose in defense, batting them away softly before dragging their tongue over the dried up blood. ¨the scarce herbs that i have are going to be used on patients only.¨ they mewed, almost daring them to challenge their decision. there werent a lot, and with these that skyclan was giving them, would hopefully last them through the winter if daydream used them in proper amounts. ¨these injuries were from the gathering, i havent exactly had the time to treat..or clean myself since then.¨ verbally saying it, it sounded like they were a mess. their fur was clotted in some places from where dried blood laid, the most noticable thing were the large scratch marks along their throat. looking back at the gathering..well, honestly they didnt want to think about it. they looked at their paws for a moment, thinking of the harm they have given upon the syndicate fighter that had attacked them. they had taken out their eyes for christs sake. they shivered, bending down to their original spot to gather more healthy herbs for their pile, before going over and sniffing at the leaves nightpaw was messing with. ¨these are chervil leaves. theyre the ones i used to treat your wounds when you first arrived.¨ they explained briefly.
"Uh, oh! Right yes," Nightpaw said to Juniperpaw, leaning down to give the herbs a sniff. Sure enough some of them smelled very different. The ones with jagged edges smelled really sweet. And now that she was looking more closely, the rounded ones looked a little... hairy? Juniperpaw got everything sort nicely just as Shinefang said something about wounds on Daydream. She stiffened and looked over as Juniperpaw rushed over to help, but she could see the scratches from where she was as they moved aside the fur on their body, and her stomach lurched. How did I not see that? Before she could join the crowd around her friend, Daydream had batted them away and come to join her. They began to talk about the herbs in the piles, but Nightpaw barely heard it, she was so stunned by her utter failure to notice the now obvious wounds on the medicine cat.

As the Shadowclan medicine cat batted their paw at him and walked away, he gave a snort. He had a feeling cats didn't challenge Daydream often, and if they were expecting more of that then boy had they come to the wrong den. "Really? So what exactly was your plan if you got an infection and had no cat with any herb training at all to help you? I don't know if anyone properly explained this to you, but the leader is the one with nine lives, not the medicine cat. Use your sense dreamer. If you try to heal cats while your not healthy, you may think you're being noble, and saving cats, but you're actually just killing more in the long run." Shinefang glanced around the clearing floor and found a good sized burdock root. "Well you're getting treatment now, and you're getting a heaping helping of something stronger than chervil since I'm guessing you're not going to exactly be diligent about reapplying your poltice. Junebug, clean their wounds off. Especially those ones around their throat." Not only did those look especially bad, but the old tom wasn't sure Daydream would be able to reach them properly. "And you, whatever your name is," he said, looking right at Nightpaw, "Help Junebug. Do whatever she tells you." With that, the old tom sank his teeth into the burdock root and tore off a good sized piece to chew into a pulp.

"Ok!" Nightpaw said, the sudden command almost startling her into action as she quickly moved to Juniperpaw's side to help however she was told. She could hardly make sense of any of this medicine stuff, but if this cat said Daydream needed help, she'd help.

Last edited by Charmer; December 2nd, 2017 at 09:15 AM.