View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2017, 12:21 AM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
@AbsurdJinx

"Oh..." Nightpaw understood now. Well, as much as she could. She'd never had to heal a cat before. She'd never seen a cat die, much less felt responsible for it. All she could tell was that it must have felt awful. Seeing the other two cats trying to sort herbs, Nightpaw felt the desire to help as well, but all the leaves on the den floor looked really similar to her. She noticed another of the blue berries that she'd squished earlier and saw that they, like the leaves were scattered, and began to use her paws to move them all into a nice little pile. "Are these all the same thing?" she asked quietly, hoping one of the medicine cats would answer.

Shinefang re-entered a heartbeat later, his jaws empty and his eye downcast as he looked at the three of them cleaning up his mess. He clenched his jaw, ashamed by the mess he'd made of things, and padded in. "Thanks, Junebug. I'm sorry. I lost my temper," he said quietly, too embarrassed to look at the apprentice." He walked up slowly to Daydream, and looked at the meager pile they had built. He stiffened a little as he saw the catmint and took a breath to calm himself. Memories of losing his mother to greencough made him want to hoard every leaf, but the fact is, he still had time to get more. "You can have more herbs than that if you need, Dreamer. Skyclan has a couple of good harvests yet before leafbare comes. Shadowclan doesn't," he said matter of factly. That's when he noticed the untreated gashes on the younger cat's skin. He took a paw and pushed aside a clump of fur the find a cut crusted over with dried blood. There were a few of these now that he was closer. "Are these from the Gathering?! Why haven't you treated them?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
@Charmer @king kaleb!

Juniperpaw looked over her shoulder at Nightpaw, an amused purr rumbling in her throat at the sight of the warrior apprentice who didn't seem to know what to do with herself. Abandoning the herbs sitting at the base of the herb store, the young feline padded over to Nightpaw, lowering her head to sniff at the bundle of messily-gathered herbs. An abundance of scents attacked her nose, and she noticed some curves and points and coloration in some leaves that weren't there in others. ``No, these are completely different leaves. See the edges of some of these? The colors, the points? Smell them? You could definitely argue that not all leaves are exactly the same, so rely feel free to rely on scent when ordering these. Just be careful not to let your nose stray.`` As Juniperpaw spoke, she was able to separate two herbs she found were different, though she was not aware of their names. One smelt different than the other, one of the leaves had a darker coloration, and one had edges to it where the other leaf was more rounded. [rounded: borage. edges: chervil]

As Shinefang entered the den, Juniperpaw glanced up at him, smiling warmly. ``Don't worry about it, Shinefang. It happens to the best of us,`` she meowed in what she hoped was a comforting tone. She sat on the other side of the bundle of herbs, opposite to Nightpaw, and helped to place each leaf and berry in their appropriate pile. That's when she heard Shinefang exclaim about the Gathering, causing Juniperpaw to whip around and find him picking at Daydream's pelt. She zoned in on the dried blood decorating the ShadowClan cat's pelt and she released a a high-pitched cry of concern. ``Daydream! What's happened?`` Worriedly, Juniperpaw joined Shinefang's side and hastily began sniffing at her friend's injury.
at the feeling of the two medcats picking and sniffing at their pet their fur rose in defense, batting them away softly before dragging their tongue over the dried up blood. ¨the scarce herbs that i have are going to be used on patients only.¨ they mewed, almost daring them to challenge their decision. there werent a lot, and with these that skyclan was giving them, would hopefully last them through the winter if daydream used them in proper amounts. ¨these injuries were from the gathering, i havent exactly had the time to treat..or clean myself since then.¨ verbally saying it, it sounded like they were a mess. their fur was clotted in some places from where dried blood laid, the most noticable thing were the large scratch marks along their throat. looking back at the gathering..well, honestly they didnt want to think about it. they looked at their paws for a moment, thinking of the harm they have given upon the syndicate fighter that had attacked them. they had taken out their eyes for christs sake. they shivered, bending down to their original spot to gather more healthy herbs for their pile, before going over and sniffing at the leaves nightpaw was messing with. ¨these are chervil leaves. theyre the ones i used to treat your wounds when you first arrived.¨ they explained briefly.