Thread: Willowfreeze
View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2023, 01:28 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Willowfreeze

just gonna... scooch on in here... i got bit by the 11pm motivation bug oops...

"I'll never let it go. This is for you, Mountain!"
Nothing's more furious, or cunning, than a lover scorned. What was once a fairy-tale turned into a nightmare when Willow's one true love Mountain rejected her in the face of her pregnancy. She was left alone and abandoned - and it drove her out of her mind. The distraught queen did everything she could think of to win her mate back; everything short of killing another. Whatever obstacle, whatever hoop (whether real or imagined) she would leap through it. Whenever Mountain said to jump (which he... never really did), Willow soared.

...None of it was enough to bring him back.

Once it set in that her lover was not returning, Willow was too far along in her pregnancy. Anger overtook her and so she staged the perfect revenge. In one final act to get Mountain to look her way, she spent most of her time out in the territory. To her satisfaction, she ended up kitting far away from camp. It was long and painful - and the blood of it drew in her expected guests. Quickly fleeing from the scene, she soon returned to camp (after cleaning herself up) and tearfully fell to any who would listen. It was a travesty; she had lost her bundles of joy (Secretly, she had hoped that this would bring Mountain back - it did not).

But when a patrol soon returned with a lone kit, rescued from none other than a fox, Willow knew her plan had failed. Hatred for the surviving kit allowed her to keep her cold distance, believing that his survival had been the reason Mountain had not come back. So she stayed away in the hopes he would see that she cared not for the kit, and only for him. Unfortunately, it did not sway her old beau.

...As the moons continued however, Willow saw a blossoming relationship between her only son and their leader, Bumblestar. Surely, if all she had done so far would not bring Mountain back, an elevated position within the Clan would? But how to reintroduce herself after the moons spent away? And could she stomach her disdain for the kid long enough to pull it off?

How do you plan on handling her estranged relationship with Wolfpaw?
-She would likely try to manipulate the situation to her favor. True to her character and her one true goal of getting her lover back, she would attempt to grow closer to Wolfpaw under the guise of being an "adoptive mother" with the sob story that she lost her own kits around the time he was brought into ThunderClan - maybe going as far as to say she was a friend of his mothers (because if abandoning him didn't work, maybe growing closer will?) She would try to approach him, befriend him, doing whatever she thought necessary to create a bond between them to later use for her own manipulative desires.

Once Mountain's roleplayer is established, do you plan on pursuing their old flame?
-Oh absolutely. Everything Willow does will be to gain the attention of her former flame. Not a cat who accepts no for an answer, she would continue to climb that tree with a tenacious and unrelenting behavior. Utilizing her newfound connection with Wolfpaw (and Bumblestar) she would try to raise her status in the Clan - because what's more appealing than a confident she-cat with authority in the Clan?

Do you have any other plot ideas for Willowfreeze?
-Quite a few. Since Wolfpaw sees Bumblestar as his only parent, I can forsee resistance from the little lad if Willow tries to befriend him at first. So in order to gain trust, she would arrange situations in which she would save either cat; perhaps meeting in secret with a ShadowClan patrol promising them a swing at Bumblestar, not telling them that she planned to be there on the patrol to kill them, thus "saving" both her leader and Wolfpaw.
-I imagine eventually she'll eventually get caught, as I don't plan on her being all that careful as the moons go on due to her impatience. Perhaps she is a cat misled by the illusion of love and how it will fix everything, all she needs is for Mountain to come back. Or maybe there will be hope for her if she comes to realize that she's enough just as she is without needing to rely on Mountain. It would heavily depend on how the roleplay changes!

What would you change about her, if anything?
-Not much really. Her backstory sort of inspired me to add more depth to her as a cat who has only ever wanted one thing in her life; to be loved and adored more than anything.

If you no longer have time for Willowfreeze, do you agree to return her to me for rehoming purposes?
-Of course!