View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2016, 12:25 AM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Dusk Syndicate Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNight View Post
Renn smirked once he heard the sudden pitter patter of Lucifren's familiar pawsteps in the distance. He watched as the Guard scrambled out from between some shrubs, panting and obviously in a hurry. Renn chuckled as he gracefully stood. "About time, floof-face." He teased, flickering his tail in amusement. He helped Just Luci swish the leaves away, then purred into a proper greeting. "'Morning. Ready for the patrol?" Their awkwardness began to return, although it sent a "warm feeling" of admiration throughout Renn. He found Luci's staggering sort of hilarious; even somewhat flattering. Although this could be Just Luci being natural - the idea of having someone get nervous around yourself is just great.
The commander readied himself and padded off toward the very edges of the Syndicate. Morning was finally official, spreading daylight throughout the land. Everything looked different at this time. Almost pretty. Of corse he preferred the coolness of moonlight, he enjoyed seeing the illuminating rays of sunlight filtering through the trees. Yet he was still sleepy, which was annoying. Trying to perk himself up, Renn looked over his shoulders to spot Luci. "So how do you like being a Guard?" The brownish-black oriental asked. "I'll be announcing your position soon. Hopefully you're enjoying the upgrade? Nothing too tricky of a job, I hope." His green orbs sparkled intriguingly while he gazed down at his dear friend. Their colorful fur was appealing to Renns eye. He always liked colorful pelts, he envied them, wishing that his own pelt could be a little more appealing. And Luci's pelt has recently been his favorite to look at.
Renn snapped out of his trance, deciding to blankly stare at his own boring paws for a moment. Since when was he so interested in someones pelt? Making himself uncomfortable, the Commander cleared his throat and took a quick scan of his surroundings. They were on a patrol, after all. Not some silly private walk. Or date. Right? "There haven't been much Clan activity recently. Makes me wonder." He forced out some random topic, trying to fill the silences. He didn't want this to be awkward - even if that might be practically impossible around Lucifren. Renn still wanted to believe there were no feelings. Perhaps he was still spooked by Just Luci the other night. That conversation about love has been on his mind for a while now, almost too long. Without thinking, Renn allowed himself to bring the topic back up. "Can I ask you something?"
Bunching their tail-fur up suddenly at the sound of being called a 'floof-face', Lucifren tried to remind themselves that it was just a term of affection, only a simple greeting- H-he's not teasing me, at least not with cruel intent, I think. I know what cruel intent really is. Gulping as Renn continued to talk, he seemed so confident in his words, almost like he knew what was right and wrong. Nodding eagerly for the question of being ready for the patrol, the Commander's second question was a bit harder to answer. "It's great- not too much has happened, but there's a bit of clan scent on the bo-" As soon as Renn started to talk about the absence of clan markings on their territory, they realized their discovery was probably just a dream, or an unconcious grab for success, the tricolored cat shook their head slowly. "Nevermind... probably just a hallucination." It was already unnerving them, how amazing the tom in front of them was. He was absolutely kind, but also wise- he knew when he needed to fight, and fought well. Renn was admirable, and it was a no-brainer that almost all the Dusk Syndicate liked him- this was never the case for Luci, however. They were always a bulky and strong cat, able to take on some versatile opponents and come out alive. They were strong, surely- but this Guard was also a shy, mild-mannered cat who always got nervous about something, never fitting in with their peers- but with Renn, this is where 'Just Luci' belonged. Their ears perking again at Renn's next question, as they felt obliged to answer it. "Y-Yeah, sure!"

Last edited by Fel; October 8th, 2016 at 03:00 PM.