Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2017, 03:56 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post

Goldeneye was silent as he saw the next cat come out of the ranks. He had been silent quite a bit actually. Not that that was in any way different then how he normally acted, but still. He had expected to be a little more on edge, and when that happened, he could almost never stop talking. Despite wanted the conversation to end, he just kept on going, and that scared him a bit. Listening to Maplefall speak, he slowly wanted her life even more and more, wanting to be able to accept everyone, despite kind of not wanting to at the same time. Of course his mate was an ex-kittypet, and Nightpaw was a good friend of his, he still found himself uneasy around outsiders. That was why, if someone wanted to join, they needed to talk to him first. Well, he hoped this life would make him less uneasy, and as he felt the she-cat give him her life, he felt a little cold, but calm at the same time. Acceptance. This was the life he now had. "Thank you," he murmured, unsure what else to say. Now for the other four. He actually didn't really want to leave Starclan, but he guessed he would be there soon enough. He hoped he would have some time before then, but he would just have to see. 4 more lives to go. Those were the words that he kept repeating in his head, watching the ranks once again, waiting to see which cat appeared this time.

(( @Charmer ))
Larkkit had been watching as Goldeneye received life after life, his starry paws itching to rush to the new leader. Though his life had been short, he was so proud to see a cat that he'd temporarily shared a den with become the next leader. As Maplefall stepped back into the ranks of celestial cats, the little, black tom lurched forward, ampling over toward the new leader with an awkward and unsteady gait but a wide and ecstatic grin on his face.
He stood in front of the new leader now, his blue eyes gleaming with joy and pride. "Congratulations Goldeneye!" the little kit yowled. He loved using his voice here in Starclan. Back when he was alive in Shadowclan, he wasn't able to speak. His tongue had felt thick in his mouth and his brain seemed unwilling to have it move in the way he wanted. "Back when I was alive, I had a lot of problems and it was hard for the cats who took care of me, but even though I couldn't tell them how much all their care and work meant to me, I knew from it that I was loved. I just couldn't show it like I wish I could..." the kit's blue eyes wilted for a moment in sadness. But he perked up shortly. He had an important job to do!
"Goldeneye, with this life, I give you patience. As a leader, if will be your duty to set you clan on the path that is best for them, but some may take time to follow. You will help other cats to be strong, but they'll have to grow at their own pace. You will speak about what is best for the forest and the clans, but some may take time to see reason. When you face these challenges and when it feels like you're getting nothing for all your work, don't give up on them. Be patient with them, like so many were with me."
His speech over, the little tom strained his neck upward to touch noses with the bigger cat. He felt a pang of pity because of how this life would feel: like an aching, agonizing need with no end, a desire for resolution and closure with no way to be certain if such relief would ever come. And then of course, there was the moment of Larkkit's death at the end, as a fox's teeth pierced his body and shook him until his neck broke. Pain, panic, horror, then nothing. When it was done, he stepped back. "I know you'll be busy in Shadowclan, but if you have the chance...could you tell Risingstorm that I'm happy now?" The little tom turned around and limped back into the ranks, sitting on his haunches, a small speck of starlight among them.