View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2016, 06:51 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post
@Lonestar23
Hiddenpaw was just exiting what was left of the apprentices den, allowing his slight limp to show as he left. His left back paw was burnt, the pads we're still sore from the heat, but his amber hues were brighter than they were during the evacuation. Other than his minor injury and slight wheezing every now and then, the apprentice looked well. His pelt was almost glossy again and he looked very composed. As he entered the center of the clearing, a familiar scent drifted into his nose. The she cat during the fire. Hiddenpaw wasn't able to thank her for helping him and understood that now was the time to do so. He'd give anything to thank for, she did give him strength to keep going when he thought he couldn't anymore.
Following the scent carefully he spotted a mass of fur that was stretched out in an awkward position. Was it really her? Had to be. The scent was coming from her. Slowly, he padded up to the she cat, studying her almost statue like composure before he broke the silence about a tail length away. "H-Hello?" he spoke cautiously.

Echokit had already spotted Dragonkit laying the clearing. With the thoughts of fire behind her, she approached from behind, using the stalking skills she's been trying to master already. She inched closer and closer until the damage of the smoke took it's toll and she let out a few coughs. Now frustration prickles through her pelt, she would've had him if it weren't for the coughing. Echokit suddenly took a new strategy and leapt up from her crouched poation, launching herself across the clearing at the ebony Tom. "Hi!" she mused, landing squarely on his small tail instead of his back. Hoping she still scared him, she took a small leap back just in case he swiped at her. "I coughed, but did I get you?" she asked with an amused tone. It was hard to believe she was a panicked, soot covered kit just a few days before. Her mindset seemed to swing into a positive attitude I'm attempt to make up for the crisis that occurred.
Stormpaw looked up in alarm at hearing Hiddenpaw, and for a moment her blue hues flashed with surprise before she stopped, her silvery tail twitching for a moment in confusion before she gave a small smile. "Oh...hello. I don't believe I ever caught your name the other day...is there something I can help you with?" She asked. Unfortunately for her, Stormpaw was one of those cats who rarely thought someone would be looking for her, as in just to talk with her or spend time with her. Stormpaw smiled again, a little more uneasily this time, as she eyed the tom. Wasn't this the cat that she had helped in the fire? Yes, yes it was...oh, so he probably had come over to ask her something. Or tell her something. She shrugged a little, used to this by now. Was he actually nervous or something? He had stuttered a little when he had spoken to her...although truth be told, at the moment, she didn't look exactly approachable. Stormpaw felt a little bad- she hated to make other cats feel uncomfortable, and she straightened up, trying to make herself look as neat and friendly as possible. A friendly glint entered her blue hues, and she was able to stop struggling to keep a positive expression on her face, even if it didn't match the blank mask that she felt at the moment. She waited for the tom's reply, continuing to keep her friendly exterior up.

Dragonkit jumped up from his spot, his fur bristling as he heard something behind him. Just as he was about to turn around, a sudden weight landed on his tail, followed by a familiar sounding cry. "Echokit! You scared the fur off me!" He mewed, his fur still bristling fiercely. Dragonkit's normally neat ebony pelt was now strewn in all directions, and he shot a strange look at Echokit before allowing his fur to lay back down. "So, what's new?" He asked, with a small smile. It took pretty much everything in him to do so, but he managed it. He was glad that he didn't have to smile all the time. It'd probably drain every last bit of energy that the young tom had. "Or, what's new that I don't know about, I should say..." He mewed, realizing that the fire was certainly something new, but something that he already knew. Dragonkit kept his blue gaze fixed on Echokit, the smile slightly faded, although there was still a small trace of it left on his maw. He was glad to have met the positive young kit. Hey, she had managed to get a smile out of him. Ha, if she'd known me for longer, she'd probably be amazed, he thought with a small snort, wondering what his sister would think if she saw him right now. Die of shock, probably; Dragonkit almost never smiled.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; November 28th, 2016 at 04:12 AM.