Mentor: Sootfur

[Part 2: Meetings]

╔═══*。❅*⋆⍋✧ ✦ ✧⍋⋆*❅。*═══╗
Sootfur (he/him)
Thunderclan ❍ 21 moons
Light grey tabby with silvery-blue eyes
╚═══*。❅*⋆⍋✧ ✦ ✧⍋⋆*❅。*═══╝

Part 2: Meetings

Oh, Wildkit's question was an interesting one. Unfortunately, Sootfur didn't have any satisfying response to that. "Well... Starclan usually communicates with us with signs, so I guess that would be the way they would show us. Only medicine cats and leaders actually see their spirits." He explained seriously, trying not to think about the lack of care that their ancestors had shown during the last Gatherings and Dawnstar's attacks.

Fireflykit's question made him chuckle, and suddenly he felt much lighter than before. "That would be very funny Fireflykit, but unfortunately no, we aren't allowed to do such things." He replied with a joking smile on his face, though his voice was firm as he told the kit so. "Always show respect to other cats, especially leaders. Even if they are very, very, very unfriendly."

”Now, let’s move on to the next part: our clan meetings.”
“Meetings are called by a clan leader whenever news or special information are to be spread among the cats and are always led on the Stormcrest here in Thunderclan, but usually kits aren’t allowed to such meetings. That said, it strongly depends on the subject for which the leader has called out to the clan. For example…”
He took a few paw steps toward the entrance of the Kit Corner so that they could all have a view of the Stormcrest. Sootfur stared wistfully at the new place that was once a beautiful willow tree, before their old camp was destroyed in that terrible fire.

”Uhm, so… Of course kits have to join in time when they are expected to have their apprentice ceremony. It would bring them shame not to present themselves in time, but that has never been a hard rule to remember so you needn’t worry about it. Now, you might ask yourself when kits shouldn’t be present.” He could think of some examples, but he wasn’t sure how to put them.
”The clan leader might call for warriors and apprentices only whenever a serious subject is to be dealt with. For example, it might be about the death of a cat or an accident with another clan. In those cases, kits are supposed to stay in the nursery and queens look after them.” It might sound annoying to them, but they needed to learn how to obey the clan rules. That’s how they could stay out of danger as much as possible.

”When you are participating in a meeting, the same rules as the Gathering apply - more or less. Since we are in our camp, we can talk more freely if our leader allows us to share our ideas. But you are always supposed to be quiet and respectful while the clan leader talks. Listen to them, stay quiet, and don’t disturb anyone else. Meetings are no time to play, got it?” This was surely easier than explaining how gatherings worked, as every kit more or less might have witnessed a meeting taking place. But still, it wasn’t rare these days to have disrespectful comments or actions even during important events.

Sootfur got quiet again and waited for the young kits to comment, ask questions, and share any doubts. He had to admit, they were already behaving really well by avoiding interruptions and make clever questions! Well, let alone that of Dawnstar, eheh. He thought with amusement.
»»————- ☀︎︎ ————-««

[ @BEAR. Wolfkit
@jupiter Lotuskit, Fireflykit
@Flaming Ice Ashkit
@Catherine Wildkit ☇
Since the class is no longer required, I'll keep everyone in the lesson even if you do not reply after every explanation. However, if I see that your cat is not interacting with attention and interest I'll consider them out of this class!
Also, sorry for the delay! >.<
[/QUOTE]