View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2018, 05:31 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: - Tori's Hiding Place -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deranged Llama View Post

( ( Ugh, sorry this is so late; I've had way more on my plate then intended. Also, I'm having a huge writer's block, so my posts will be rather short. At least it falls at a convenient time; I don't have much time anyways to write longer posts. Sorry, again! ) )

Toren perked his ears as she complimented him, reassuring the tom that he didn't speak odd to her. "That is courteous." he purred with a small nod. A few moments later as she confirmed his suspicions and the rumors that flew around from city cat to kittypet, and back again, the male gave a small frown. I'm sorry to hear that I say true." He shuddered, it must've been hard, growing up like that. As Tori offered him good luck, he gave a crooked smile in return, making his overall appearance much more friendly and happy. As the tom cat replied, he allowed more warmth and openness enter his mew. It was obvious she wasn't a threat. No cat could present that well. That he had met. Clearing his threat, Toren made to reply. "May good fortune follow you as well. Though trouble seems keen to enter, peace and contentment is never far off the horizon." The tabby tom couldn't help but smile again, shifting his paws in the sand.

Maybe it would be polite to ask her about herself. He thought, mulling of over his options. He could make conversation, or just leave. She seemed to leave the decision with him. After a minute or so of silence, Toren peered curiously at her, not at all trying to hide his obvious attempt at conversation again. Making up his mind at how to approach, the tom flicked his tail invitingly toward her. "What was it likein the Dusk Syndicate?" He had decided to go with the blanket, open question. He was wondering, after all.
The way the tom spoke fascinated Tori. In the Dusk Syndicate, not many cats spoke with such fluent, elegant language. Sure, there was the occasional "oddball" who would speak like that for a little while - but not quite in this way. His words were like music, and Tori wished that her own speech could flow from her maw as elegantly. "Thank you," The she cat mewed in an awkward, almost jerking motion as she tried to figure out how to best make her voice sound like that. Perhaps Toren could... hang around for a little while, teach her how to speak like that? Of course, Tori would be careful. Strangers were dangerous. But a stranger who spoke so beautifully... the she cat might not be as willing to trust, but she was guillible. Tricking her was not hard. Had Toren meant to hurt her, he would have been able to do so quite easily - she was fascinated by him, and she was weak from the recent disbanding of the Syndicate.

Tori's position was more relaxed now, less ready to run away, as she faced the other tom. One of the good things about being out here on her own again was the laziness of it all... she didn't have to worry about training, working, rushing around like crazy. She could be lazy if she felt like it, hunt when she felt like it, and there was no training. Tori was going to have to stick with the training she had recieved before. That wasn't a fully good or bad thing, it was just... something new. And new was exciting. The tom's question made her blue eyes shadow over a little, however, and she shook her head. "It's a bad place. Very dark. There are not many nice cats there." Again, she tried to copy his odd way of speech, her voice jerking some. At least she didn't stutter this time - it was part of her new attempts. She was basically mimicking his tone, which was helping some - hopefully Toren wouldn't take it the wrong way.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; January 17th, 2018 at 05:32 PM.