View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2024, 09:28 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: Thunderglade

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
applefrost
The maine coon followed his patrolmates on quiet paws, occasionally looking around him to make sure everything was safe. In his opinion he wasn't being paranoid, just caring about the safety of his clan.. right? Anyways. So at first, Crowtooth would be going over hunting basics. That sounded good. At the comment of correcting Crowtooth if needed Applefrost nodded and settled down to watch. He was in a position which would make it easy for him to get to his paws and react if needed. His ears were pricked incase there was any prey near.

Crowtooth's explanation and demonstration seemed pretty good. He didn't have anything to interfere so he just watched, but suddenly, a rustling sound appeared close to him. "Watch," he whispered to the apprentices while he picked up the scent of a mouse. His claws slid out silently and he got into a crouch, balancing his weight evenly. He slowly moved towards the prey until he was a tail length or so away. Then, he inhaled deeply before settling most of his weight onto his back haunches and using the power to propel himself forward.

His claws swiftly sunk into the mouses' flesh and he gave it a killing bite. The catch held in his maw, he padded back over to his patrolmates. "I hope that worked as a demonstration."

[ @Rani @zozelen @SpiritWolf_yt hope this is what applefrost was supposed to do lol ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The tunneler was just..... Not happy. He didnt know what to do about Nightpaw. His apprentice had never shown enthusiasm or initiative with her training which he understood but nor had she put in effort to learn when forced into it. Patrol after patrol she was assigned to him with and she did the bare minimum and now was an example as Crowtooth was forced to move on with the patrol lest he risk being late turning it in, without Nightpaw.

He'd corner her and ask her what was up and maaaaaybe ask someone more experienced with an apprentice for advice later.

For now he answered Winterpaws question. "Mainly squirrels. We get rabbits, mice, songbirds, an' moles a lot on the more but squirrels like trees which we only got now here. There'll also be bigger birds here I think, pigeons an' like forest critters I dunno kid, 've never been a forest cat." The only time Crowtooth had stepped paw in one was to attack shadowclan and not to hunt.

"Right so Applefrost 's a pro, do what he did. Once ya mark the border try the crouch I showed an' hunt somethin'. Stalkin' an' pouncin' should be easy, ya just gotta make sure ta stay hidden behind somethin', not move when preys lookin', and stay downwind. Pouncin' 's just leapin' at 't when yer as close as ya think ya can get."

Falling silent upon seeing a thrush land nearby Crowtooth demonstrated, literally holding his breath to not wheeze (which did put him on a time crunch) as he stalked over and lunged, snagging the bird and killing it quickly.

"See? Quick cheat fer ya 's birds see best and hear, rabbits hear like gods an' smell, mice feel yer paws (so don' step too hard) smell an' hear all ok, voles an' moles are blind but feel like everythin', an' I dunno about squirrels.

Give 't a shot kid, catch somethin' an' 'm keen ta say ya've mastered huntin' while on a border patrol. Double duty, impressive."

They needed to hustle though, Fallownose was a harsh taskmaster.

@SpiritWolf_yt @zozelen @starry (ok so this is due tomorrow so we need to move fast yall got 24 hrs to do a short reply of marking the border and whatever extras you want before I report. Im no longer doing post order so post whenever you want)

Looks like Nightpaw hadn't continued the patrol with them. That just meant Winterpaw would have to be extra focused. Both warriors were giving him a lot of information, but Winterpaw attentively listened to them and looked around for any prey he could catch along the border. His pupils narrowed into black slits as a little wren crossed his field a vision, pecking at the ground a few cat lengths in front of him. He crouched down as his mentor and Crowtooth had, confident that he at least had the stance correct. It was quite a distance, sure, but he could tell the sun was setting and they would need to report back soon- he didn't want to spend too much time trying to stalk forward without making noise. His snow white pelt didn't help with the sneaking around either, at least not in any season other than winter.

Winterpaw quickly pounced, leaping through the air, and... landed, on the wren? It chirped frantically under his paw, so he dug his claws into the small bird to end its life. Though he wasn't the type of cat very interested in praise, he couldn't help but turn back to Crowtooth and Applefrost to show off his catch. This was his first ever try at hunting, and he caught his wren with no trouble.

"Thank you both for teaching me," he meowed, voice tinged with an unusual hint of pride. "Now we'll all be able to bring back prey for Windclan."

(right, let's wrap it up! by the way, i was actually planning to have winterpaw mess up on this, since he's had no prior experience... but he actually rolled a nat20 in the discord, so he did a great job! go winter!!)
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; March 16th, 2024 at 09:41 PM.