View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2017, 09:22 AM
xmas and new yrs

My Mood: Amused

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin-chan View Post
[ It’s alright, I’m a patient person. I hope you’re feeling better! For some reason, I wasn’t notified of this post, sorry for the late reply. ]

Newtpaw followed behind her mentor at a brisk pace until she skidded to a halt when Brightfluff stopped and told her about the marsh. The small apprentice heaved herself up onto her hind legs to see better through the dense forest and the small female saw part of the muddy, wet marsh that made up part of the Shadowclan hunting grounds. “Quite the dirty place..” She commented, “I can only imagine how bad it is out there with all the rain recently..” The apprentice went back down to all fours and did as her mentor instructed, parting her jaws and scenting the area in around them. Various scents slipped into Newtpaw’s senses, but only few were recognizable to her - she assumed that her mentor would teach her the scents that she did not yet know. Closing her mouth, the short-legged cat looked to her mentor, who wore a confident smile which made Newtpaw smile, bouncing on her paws slightly. “Well.. I can smell many things..” Newtpaw began, her whiskers twitching, “There are only a few scents I recognize though. I can smell some frogs out there, perhaps a few birds out on the surface and some other animals, though I don’t know which ones. I don’t know many scents yet since I haven’t been out of the clearing area.” She hoped to not disappoint her mentor, but tried her very best to give descriptive words in her answers and do as she was told - like any other apprentice would strive to do.
"That is good for your first time out." Brightfluff mewed, nodding. The shecat opened her jaws slightly scenting the area so she could teach Newtpaw. "One of the scents you don't know yet. It is slightly rancid and very strong...that is a few days old fox scent. Some other warriors told me they had run one off near here." She looked to Newtpaw for any reaction, before she continued, "There are also other prey animals, like lizards or voles. And occasionally an owl will swoop down there and grab its own prey. Owls mostly smell like other birds, so they are harder to identify, but you can see them. They have big eyes and a large wingspan, and they are big enough to carry off kits." The warrior hoped she wasn't completely scaring the apprentice, but she wanted Newtpaw to know the dangers out in the forest that could hurt camp. As well as the other things that wouldn't hurt her, like the different types of prey.

Mention me if you don't think I saw it