Thread: The Starcave
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2017, 10:40 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: The Starcave

@starfall

(You're ok Now let's make your HR cat official!)

Now that all the older cats had gone, it was Perchkit's turn. The little dark tabby padded forward, his white paws gleaming with starlight and his blue eyes sparkled cheerfully. "It's ok. You're almost done!" the little tom said simply. The warrior looked so sad that Perchkit wished he could invite him to play for a while so that he could laugh and relax for a minute. There was more to it though. The tom had the same look of confusion and turmoil he'd seen before. It was the look on Juniperpaw's face as he laid there vomiting blood on the floor of the medicine den, the look of a cat who wasn't sure what to do or where to turn and suffering because of it. "Don't be sad. I have a life I want to give you. It's the life of Judgement," he meowed happily, his glittering tail waving behind him. "When I was alive in Riverclan, I got really sick. So sick that Juniperpaw couldn't help me. She made a hard choice and gave me berries so that I wouldn't have to hurt anymore. It was hard, but I got to be with my mother and father while I went to sleep. That was better." The little tabby tom, smiled sadly, remembering the moment when he floated above his own body and looked down on his parents as they cried. But he straightened up shortly. He had a job to do, and something Fallenstar needed to know. "When you're the leader, sometimes you'll have to make really hard choices like she did. Sometimes there won't like any of the things you get to pick. Judgement will help you see which is the best choice: for Riverclan, the forest, and all the cats you'll be helping." Perchkit's tail gave an excited lash, "I just know you'll do such great things!" With that he stretched up his nose to touch it to the taller tom's. When the life had transferred, he backed away smiling. "Could you tell Juniperpaw it's ok? I think she'd still upset with herself, but she really did do the right thing." Padding away, the little tom took his place among the ranks and began cheering the new leader's name. "Fallenstar! Fallenstar!"