View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2017, 07:09 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyalienboy View Post
powdernose flattened his ears at the sound of stonegazer's voice. his eyes narrowed slightly before he trotted from the darkness of the camp's shadows, whiskers twitching. he looked at the other with an unwavering gaze, remaining outwardly stoic beneath the sophisticated stare. well, internally, powder's heart was beating as fast as a tiny little squirrel's would. his mind was racing, and a light flush had begun to cover his skin.
thank starclan he had long fur.
the tom stalked closer to stonegazer, wary of the other's intentions. was he going to be humiliated? was the older tom going to screech at him for being nothing but a lazy imbecile? powdernose froze once he had realized that stonegazer had spoken.
"oh, uh, not really. i just— just saw you walking in and thought you'd like some company," he mewed, mentally clawing himself for the pitiful excuse. of course, powdernose didn't want to admit the true reason for him following the tom. no, he would like to keep a strong grip on what little dignity he had left.
even if he did want to admit it, stonegazer would never feel the same. the silver tom would want a feline who is up and ready to battle at all times, cautious of their surroundings. powdernose was only a lazy tom who was always taking 'naps.'
huffing to himself, he flicked his tail and sat a few paw-lengths from stonegazer. his ears perked and he cast a glance towards the other, which then became a full-on stare.
An understanding look passed over the older warrior's face. Most of the warriors in the Clan were normally thinking that their clanmates wanted company - it formed tight bonds between a few of them. Stonegazer generally kept to himself, unless he had something to talk about. Not having anything particuarly interesting to say, it felt awkward being around the other tom, trying to come up with something that didn't sound like he was just talking to hear the sound of his own voice. "Oh. Well, your company is appreciated." It sounded a little too formal for a casual conversation in the clearing, but to the tom's ears, it was just how he normally talked. Depending on the cat he was around, he might try to lighten things up some, but he figured Powdernose wouldn't mind too much... he had, after all, been seeking Stonegazer out.

The slate-grey tom shifted his weight, just slightly so that it was more centered (which he normally didn't have to do, but it was probably a result of twisting around to look at the other cat) and gave the tom a smile. He wasn't really one to full-out grin at other cats, so his smile looked a little more like a thoughtful expression. Stonegazer looked like he could see the other tom, but his mind wasn't really on that. It was thinking of WindClan and the upcoming battle. That was one of the subjects that Stonegazer could really talk about for a while, discussing strategies to use and wondering when it was going to be and how bad it was going to be, and whether the new medicine cat was going to be able to keep up with things (though he generally didn't bring her up, normally it just fell in naturally with the other cat once they were talking about the battle) and so on.

It might fall under gossip, but if it was, then it was the only thing he would really gossip about. And it was what he decided to bring up, in an attempt to make more pleasant conversation. But when he turned (completely around this time) so he could face Powdernose, he found the other's gaze was already on him, staring at him in a way that was almost reminiscent of Stonegazer's own powerful stare. "When do you think the battle with WindClan will be? Or, do you not think there will be one?" He asked, seemingly out of nowhere. It might seem random to passerbys, or even to his companion, but to Stonegazer? It was perfectly natural.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.