View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2018, 11:20 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
Another small chuckle escaped the leader upon hearing that the herb smell takes a while to get used to, something he could definitely agree with. He just hoped he never got to the point where he got used to it. "Rest, rest and more rest it seems. I'm getting tired of all this rest, I want to be able to do more again." Grousestar huffed out a bit, as if to exaggerate how tired he was of having to rest in order to get better. He had done a whole moon of resting, and now, he had to rest even more. But at least it was only a little bit more, and he could finally be at least more mobile than he had been.
Once at the edge of the stream, the leader happily sat down, trying not to seem so eager about doing it, but unable to hold that quiet sigh of relief that escaped him. He watched quietly as the medicine cat swatted a hole into the ice that covered the stream. Dipping his head in thanks, the brown tabby edged closer to the hole and brought his head down to begin lapping at the ice cold water. It almost came as a shock to his system, but it was refreshing and something he was certainly glad for. Closing his eyes he would lap for a good while, drinking right up until he could hardly hold anymore water before bursting, in which he would slowly back away from the waters edge before laying down with a slight yawn. "For a leafbare day, I have to say, it isn't too bad. At least the sun's out." Commented the leader, turning his head up to look at the sky through the bare tree branches, a light smile placed on his muzzle.
The old tom didn't reply to the leader's complaint, merely shrugged as he made way for the brown tabby. Shinefang drank deeply from the stream, enjoying the coolness on his muzzle and in his throat. He would say this about leafbare, the chill had a way of making a cat feel alive. If a little sore, in his case. He followed the leader's gaze to the blue sky overhead, the tangled branches dancing slowly in the wind. "Yeah," he agreed quietly. As Shinefang gazed up, he thought about the trees around them. How there were older than any cat, older than his Father's father's father, and how they'd keep growing and living seasons and seasons after he was gone. "It's all so short..." he muttered to himself. Without turning from the treetops, the golden-furred tom said. "You know, I will say this about getting...older. When I was a kit, I couldn't wait to be an apprentice. When I was an apprentice, I had to hurry and be a warrior. It doesn't stop either. Kits and apprentices these days are no different. Warriors are no different. Windclan just had to rush into war. Shadowclan just had to rush to join them. That's the problem with being young. It's too fast and too short and everyone wants to rush to the next big thing as quick as possible. I don't feel that way anymore. And I've got to say, it's nice to just...be." He turned to the leader of Skyclan. In many ways, he was wise in spite of his age. But he was young still. He had many journeys to walk yet. The old tom smiled as he privately thought of how lucky he was to have helped kept his paws in place as he weathered a particularly difficult trail this last moon. "You've got a good head on your shoulders Grousestar. Remember to just be every now and again. Everything happens in due time."