View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
"Fair enough. The herb smell takes a while to get used to. I hardly notice it now." The old tom nodded, pleased by the leader's candor. "An honest answer. Good. That helps me a lot more than the alternative. Believe it or not, a great deal of that strength will come back with just a bit more rest. Your better, but your body is still working on fighting off the last traces of sickness. Rest will help it do its job. But a light stroll won't hurt you either. Of course we can take a break," he added, glad that Grousestar was taking not pushing himself. When they reached the edge of the stream, the cats found it covered by a thin sheet of ice. Shinefang moved ahead to the bank and swatted at the ice at the edge, hard. His paw fell through and he struck the areas close by to make a hole in the ice big enough for Grousestar to use and stepped back. "All yours," he said, lifting his tingling paw as he moved a pace upstream to make another hole and have a drink.
Another small chuckle escaped the leader upon hearing that the herb smell takes a while to get used to, something he could definitely agree with. He just hoped he never got to the point where he got used to it. "Rest, rest and more rest it seems. I'm getting tired of all this rest, I want to be able to do more again." Grousestar huffed out a bit, as if to exaggerate how tired he was of having to rest in order to get better. He had done a whole moon of resting, and now, he had to rest even more. But at least it was only a little bit more, and he could finally be at least more mobile than he had been.
Once at the edge of the stream, the leader happily sat down, trying not to seem so eager about doing it, but unable to hold that quiet sigh of relief that escaped him. He watched quietly as the medicine cat swatted a hole into the ice that covered the stream. Dipping his head in thanks, the brown tabby edged closer to the hole and brought his head down to begin lapping at the ice cold water. It almost came as a shock to his system, but it was refreshing and something he was certainly glad for. Closing his eyes he would lap for a good while, drinking right up until he could hardly hold anymore water before bursting, in which he would slowly back away from the waters edge before laying down with a slight yawn. "For a leafbare day, I have to say, it isn't too bad. At least the sun's out." Commented the leader, turning his head up to look at the sky through the bare tree branches, a light smile placed on his muzzle.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?