View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
"Oh yes, certainly. My apologies, ex-warrior or new medicine cat, whichever you're in the mood for." He purred out with a small laugh, the tip of his tail curling first one way then the other. "Now that I can agree with," his head nodded once. While he wasn't as old as Shinefang and didn't have the joint problems that he did when it came to the cold weather, Grousestar certainly couldn't wait until Greenleaf was back. It meant plenty of food, warmer temperatures and all around happy clan, usually. Not only that, but he believed, with his limited medicinal knowledge, that there was less sickness in that season as well. It was generally an all around great time of year, but even Newleaf would be welcome by him right about now.
For a moment he would slow to a stop in order to reach his front paws all the way out in front of him and stretch his hind legs which trembled with the effort. He hoped that stretching them individually might help to loosen them up. So after doing that, he would wait a moment before continuing on, noticing a very minor change, but the rest of the achiness would surely go away in the coming days. At least his legs weren't wobbling or shaky anymore, he was finally limbering back up. Give it a few more days and he would be in pretty good order.

His head turned slightly as he heard Shinefang's response to his question, head tilted slightly before he couldn't help but grin in amusement and chuckle. "While that does sound appealing, and trust me, it does Shinefang. I can't say I overly enjoy that den, smells too much of herbs and makes me feel confined." Flicking his ears he realized he could hear the quiet trickle of water, signifying they were closing in on the stream, much to his relief. "A couple more days..." He echoed, a small sense of excitement of getting back to his leader duties filling him before he was carefully brought back to the ground by the sincerity of Shinefang's question, his eyes focusing on the older tom for a moment. It wasn't the time to boast that he could run the territory in it's entirety three times over. He needed to be truthful.
"Well. My legs are about as limber as ever, it's my stamina that needs to get back to where it was. I already feel a bit winded and would like to take a small break once we reach the stream, if you don't mind."
"Fair enough. The herb smell takes a while to get used to. I hardly notice it now." The old tom nodded, pleased by the leader's candor. "An honest answer. Good. That helps me a lot more than the alternative. Believe it or not, a great deal of that strength will come back with just a bit more rest. Your better, but your body is still working on fighting off the last traces of sickness. Rest will help it do its job. But a light stroll won't hurt you either. Of course we can take a break," he added, glad that Grousestar was taking not pushing himself. When they reached the edge of the stream, the cats found it covered by a thin sheet of ice. Shinefang moved ahead to the bank and swatted at the ice at the edge, hard. His paw fell through and he struck the areas close by to make a hole in the ice big enough for Grousestar to use and stepped back. "All yours," he said, lifting his tingling paw as he moved a pace upstream to make another hole and have a drink.