View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2024, 02:22 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Three Days
My Mood: Confused

Default Re: Pinewatch Patch

Brutus
Male / 3 Moons / KittyPet / Sexuality Unknown
Small, scrawny, thick-furred tom with brown fur, white points, a squirrel-like tail and very bright blue eyes.

So- like- prey. D’ya eat the eyes? The bones? Just seems a little nasty, Y’know? I mean, you do you, but you won’t find me munching on any eyes and bones anytime soon, my friend,
~Brutus

✽❀✽

Brutus, with eyes like a hawk, kept his shining blue gaze directly on the stranger’s. His smile didn’t waver. As he had gone on rambling, she hadn’t showed any obvious signs of boredom and/or annoyance, and she had listened pretty carefully to all of the crap that had run like a wild river out from his mouth. It seems rather… polite, well-mannered, he thought to himself, brightening a little. A good listener. That or… His eyes narrowed into slits and he squinted at the cat. …or she’s only acting this way because of how young I seem. Do I look young? Am I that young? Heck, this is awesome- how young DO I look? I should ask her sometime! Of course!

Brutus noticed its whiskers twitch once the stranger heard his last question about the rabbit. She was amused. Brutus’s head fell into a tilt, and he felt a little confused. It had felt like an important and serious question when he asked it, but maybe not. Maybe she thought it was funny. Was he funny? So much to learn, so much to do, so much to say… goodness.

With a calm smile the stranger told him it was a ‘rabbit.’ Brutus’s gaze snapped back to the creature’s corpse. Rabbit, huh? Now it was his turn to look amused. Quite a nasty looking thing, isn’t it? All dead and stubby. But the stranger wasn’t finished. Suddenly, her expression got a bit more serious.

It asked him, ‘Why are you out here? You're too young to be out in the woods.’ Brutus raised his eyebrows. Too young? Was one ever to young to go exploring? Wandering? Learning? But when the stranger mentioned the so called ‘dangerous wild-cats’ that roamed around in the area, especially dangerous with nobody here to protect him. Brutus’s reaction wasn’t any where near fear. Another explosion of curiosity erupted inside of him, and he bounced back onto his toes. There were others? From the way this stranger had mentioned them, she didn’t seem to be one of them- but they were out there somewhere. And dangerous? Will things ever get less funny? He seriously doubted it.

Before he could shoot another long rambling session back at her, the stranger’s eyes fell to his paws. He followed her gaze and turned his head down to stare down at his pained paws, and the excitement faded from his gaze. Brutus’s eyes glossed awkwardly over the pink and exposed flesh. Oh, right… For some mysterious reason, he began to feel humiliated. …that. Maybe the humiliation was coming from his lack of knowledge as to where the burns came from. He felt completely confident in them until the stranger brought attention to them. Apparently they WERE that bad.

Anyway, there was no escaping an honest answer. This cat knew almost as much as he did about the injury. He grunted up his voice, and cleared his throat. “Ah, well-” He looked back up at her. “I suppose you could call it… an accident, of sorts.

In case that wasn’t specific enough, Brutus picked up on the answer with,
I woke up half-dead on a road, basically just a memory-less lump, so I’ve got no idea where these things happened, when or why. F…funny, right? I guess they just happened,” The word ‘funny’ seemed to have sparked his confidence back up again. His smile returned to its wide state. “Guess they’re just there, huh?” He snickered.

That’s when the perfect proper-conversation starter hit him. Brutus’s eyes widened again. “Anyway, your name! I didn’t catch it!” His tail flicked as excitement built up again. “You came along and started blabbering on about dangerous wild cats and my soon-to-become doom- how about a little introduction, yeah?” Unblinking, Brutus stared into its green eyes with curiosity dancing in his own.

I’ll go first- Brutus! And you bet that if some wild cat comes and tries to get to me, I’ll…” He bared his teeth, and paused for the drama. “…let them! I’ll let them! What an interesting way to go out, ‘ay? Getting chomped by some wild-y freak? Freakin’ awesome, right? Brutus, kitten who got kicked into the afterlife earlier by the claws of some wildcat! It’s cool!”

As Brutus waited for a response, he fantasized about the various ways he could meet one of these wild-chompers. Maybe they’d be merciful… or not- things would be pretty cool no matter what!

✽❀✽

// Happy eclipse, if that affects you at all. \\

~ @nyx ~

Feel free to stop by, request a roleplay, or just chat! I’m all open!

WIP Character Biographies //

Have a nice day!
~ Fritz ~

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; April 8th, 2024 at 02:26 PM.