View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2017, 08:16 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Kittypet.. No More? (Private)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
“He’s right, you know.” Oliver said with a slight purr in his tone, “Open your eyes, brother, and widen your horizons. Can you imagine us being strong, fierce feral cats?” The patched-furred tomcat exclaimed these words with clear excitement and wonder in his tone as he seemed to speak of living in the forest like it was some grand adventure. Jack couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow at the two males that were so enthusiastic about life outside the fences. He could not relate with these thoughts, only thinking about the dangers that lurked out there. His older brother seemed to forget the struggles they had gone through with their other littermates when they were much younger and did not live with their current human. He, however, decided that it would be best not to be a stick in the mud, as Oliver often teased him, and give them both the benefit of the doubt. When the male opened his jaws to speak though, all words were drowned out immediately by the abrupt yapping words of a dog from Flint’s yard, the canine hidden by the wooden fence, but their speech loud and clear as day. It made Jack’s ears flatten and Oliver uttered a chuckle of amusement. “It must be such fun to share a home with them.” The slightly larger tomcat teased their neighbor while eyeing them, “Before we moved here with our owner, our old home had a few more twolegs in it with ours and they owned several dogs.” With that being said, Jack decided to but into the conversation now. “Oh, yes. It was a true nightmare. All the constant barking when they would leave us alone with them, especially Lucy and Jasper! They would never shut their muzzles.” The older brother’s whiskers twitched at his sibling’s words about the dark-furred dog named Jasper and the tall, white-furred dog named Lucy that had lived with them long ago. “Indeed, it was difficult to take naps at times.”
Flint smiled as Oliver spoke. Seeing the setting sun every day, hearing the cricket's songs, all of those images in the tom's mind sounded incredible. Flint blinked as he was spoken to. "Ah, yes, living with Ginger is.. exciting," he began with a light-hearted snicker. "She can be a bit of a handful when she gets lonely. I may need to go home." Flint wistfully looked at the sky, imagining life as a feral. Roaming the forests seemed a bit.. scary to Flint. What about.. open fields? Yes, that sounded better. Running up and down the hills, running through grass, smelling the scent of heather, he could almost see it. An idea began to form in Flint's mind. It shaped and worked its way through his train of thought until it was the only thing he could think about. Then, he presented it. "Say.. how about we leave our twolegs and go on an adventure tomorrow," Flint bravely proposed, eyes glinting mischieviously. "I'll give you two time to think." Flint bunched his muscles and leaped atop the fence, but he waited for a reaction.

Last edited by Role; December 3rd, 2017 at 09:55 PM.