View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2017, 06:55 PM
My profile has a message!

My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: ShadowClan | RiverClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleRobin View Post
Blackfrost lifted her head slightly to peer up at the dense, overhanging trees that gently swayed above them due to a chilling breeze that now went through the forest. It was certain that the cold, unforgiving season known as Leafbare was almost upon them, soon bringing so much white snow that would make the nights difficult to sleep through and prey harder to find. Despite this, the shecat knew that it was just simply routine and every clan would have to go through it, one way or another. The mentor drew away from these troubling thoughts of the near future, however, when her ears twitched to the sound of her apprentice asking a question. She glanced at the young male, Smallpaw, who now walked beside her at a respectful, brisk pace. Her tail swished behind the she-cat in a back-and-forth motion as her whiskers twitched with amusement. “Don’t worry about that, it is nothing you cannot handle.” Blackfrost assured him, “There will be times in the future where you will have to travel farther than these hunting grounds, so it would be beneficial for you to get used to traveling this far now. As your mentor, I will make sure that you get plenty of exercise though, so you’ll be a fast, strong Shadowclan warrior that the clan will be honored to have. We aren’t that far away now though, come along.” With that being now said, the black-and-white-furred warrior quickened her pace through the undergrowth until they reached the known Riverclan border that was divided with a small, shallow stream of water running through the woods. “This is where our hunting grounds stop and Riverclan is just over there, take a whiff and see if you can smell anything interesting.” Even though they were not in Riverclan territory, the easily-noticeable smell of fish twitched in her senses, so it would be no challenge for Smallpaw to pick up the Riverclan scent that was before them.
Smallpaw fluffed up his fur against a chill that swept through his small body. The tom cat glanced around at his surroundings as they swept through the forest. For a moment, the young apprentice wondered why it was getting so cold. Having been born in the summer, he had never experienced temperatures colder than what his thin fur could handle. Maybe it would just keep on getting closer.

Drawn away from his thoughts, Smallpaw listened to his mentor's reply. He was reassured at her steady voice; she was a good warrior, and would make sure to introduce him to the life of a warrior steadily. ...Travel farther than your hunting grounds... He felt a feeling of daunting creep into his paws, and flicked his tail, eager to get rid of the feeling. He didn't want to go that far just yet. Well, maybe when he was older. Smallpaw bounded after Blackfrost as she picked up the pace, startled by the sudden decision. The tom cat blinked his pale green eyes, an unusual color, even for a feline, and parted his jaws obediently. The black and white tom scented the RiverClan scent, recognizing their scent from when He had gone with his clan for shelter during the flood.

"Oh yes," Smallpaw meowed, half to himself. "I do remember their scent. It was noble of them to offer ShadowClan shelter throughout the floods that swept through our territory."

Last edited by Undercover; November 4th, 2017 at 06:55 PM.