View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2017, 10:45 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

"Go get your wounds checked Foxpaw. Go fetch some clean bedding Foxpaw. Go do this Foxpaw!" The ginger apprentice lashed her tail in anger as she limped into the medicine cat's den, her voice set in a mocking tone. She was not happy. The usually so bubbly, optimistic feline was down in the dumps, her ears pinned against her head in anger as she wandered into the den. So many things had happened lately in her life, and Foxpaw was not handling it well.

First of all, her uncle, her dear beloved uncle whom was like a father to her, had become deputy recently. And Foxpaw felt like he never had time for her anymore. Then she went into that gathering battle against the DS, getting many nasty scratches from that good-for-nothing tom Flame. And lastly, her mother had just died. Now, Foxpaw didn't have the best relationship with her mother, she had never been around much. But she still felt hurt when her mother died. But not sadness hurt. More like anger hurt. Anger that neither of her parents had ever been there for her when she needed them. Anger that her grandmother was so strict and wouldn't let her do anything fun. Anger that her mentor was never around much anymore, and she hadn't been appointed a new one. She had barely learned anything, most of what she knew was self-taught. And then there was her uncle, whose time for her was diminishing every second. Yeah, Foxpaw had reasons to be mad, upset, and angry. But with her optimistic nature, she would try to find the good in these things. She just couldn't though, her mind was too clouded up with the thoughts of all the bad that's been happening, to find the good in her situations.

Spotting Caliapaw, Foxpaw snorted at the thought of being treated by an apprentice. Probably one younger than herself too at that. She wished her great-uncle were still here. But he had gone... Somewhere... She had always enjoyed teasing him, but now he was gone. And she had to deal with Caliapaw. "I was forced in here by my grandmother to get my wounds checked. She thinks my shoulder wound is infected and wanted you to check it." Foxpaw spat, sitting on the ground and curling her tail over her paws. She might as well be here rather than wandering the camp aimlessly with nothing to do because her mentor was gone. I really need to get Passionblaze to talk to Snowstar about getting me a new one...
Caliapaw looked over at the apprentice, an annoyed expression on her face. She did not appreciate being spoken to that way - it wasn't like Foxpaw had said anything nasty to her, but her tone was less then inviting. Caliapaw was already unsure about her job, but she thought a medicine cat deserved some respect. Nobody else could understand it; they might as well try to be pleasant. "Watch your tone." She mewed, not threateningly, but calmly - like she was giving Foxpaw a polite warning. This should be fun, the medicine cat thought sarcastically. Her tail twitching back and forth, she padded toward the other apprentice. Foxpaw was probably older then her, but the she cat got the feeling she hadn't matured quite as quickly. Caliapaw had almost been forced to grow up quicker, and while it hadn't been hard for her, she hadn't gotten as much experience with being just a carefree young apprentice.

Just three moons ago, she had been a kit in the nursery - about to have her apprentice ceremony. About a moon ago, she had become Wheatfur's apprentice. And now she was on her own. She examined the wounds on the other cat's body. "You probably should have come sooner." Caliapaw muttered, almost to herself but just in the hearing range of the other cat, her tail still twitching furiously as she glanced over them. Some of the wounds looked like they were healing okay - had Foxpaw rested more, they would probably be fully healed by now. As it was, they weren't quite scarring up right. At least they weren't still bleeding. Or swollen, but they weren't ready for Foxpaw to be going back to her training. Even if I'm wrong, some rest wouldn't hurt her. Like, at all. The she cat thought with a mental snort.

And then there was the shoulder wound. Zerosight had told her that it was easy to mistake a healing wound for an infected one, but for once, she was 100% sure that this was an infection. It had the scent of one, and while Zerosight had told her that sometimes scars would still be a reddish color, this was no scar. "Your shoulder is infected. What have you been doing?" The apprentice half-hissed, her eyes narrowing. Sometimes, she was glad she wasn't still a warrior apprentice. She could understand being driven, but what bothered her was being able to feel that something was wrong and continuing on anyways.

Didn't the apprentices understand? Caliapaw might have been younger then some of them, but sometimes it felt like she had twice the brains of them. Talking through the process of curing infections to herself, Caliapaw moved over toward the herb storage and grabbed some of the burdock root. Thankful that there was still some left, she carried it over towards Foxpaw and placed it beside her. "This might sting." She warned, her eyes flashing before she picked up some of the root, chewed it into a pulp, and gently began smearing it on the infected area.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.