View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2017, 05:32 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Obsidiansky had never been one to trust very easily. Be friendly and trustworthy, sure, but as far as being trusting went? It could take some time. That always depended on the cat, and other things, but generally it took some time before Obsidiansky was willing to truly trust another feline. Especially because he wasn't sure who could and could not be trusted. There were always liars in the Clan - there always had been, and there always would be. But it was hard to pick one out. "You're welcome... and they're wrong, you know." He answered. Maybe he felt some sort of sympathy for Fawnskip because he knew what it was like to have heartbreak in his life. A shadowy, dark area that he could never twist and turn to make it seem like it was right because it never had been.

He was partly afraid of Fawnskip flirting with him, but within the last few minutes, it had felt like they were just two friends hanging out - having a conversation. Like he didn't need to worry about her intentions. And the fact that she had been flirting with him, at least noticeably before was in the past. For Obsidiansky, anyways. He didn't mind now. But her question put him back on the defensive, although it was covered up with a smile and a short laugh. If there was one thing that would ruin their budding friendship (or relationship) it was his defense mechanisms. His survival instincts, so to speak. "That all depends. I think the fun of a mystery is figuring it out - some say solving it. What side are you on?" At the moment, his background was a mystery to her. If she wanted it solved, fine, Obsidiansky would tell her part of the story - but not the whole story. She could figure that out for herself if she wanted it so badly.

Not even Sagewhisker knew the whole story, and he wasn't planning on telling her. There was no one that the tom could trust with his full background, what "made him him" as Fawnskip had put it, and definitely not someone he had just met. Part couldn't hurt, though. If she really needed it - then he would give her pieces and bits of the story, which would be yet another mystery to put together. But that was the fun of it... right? And besides, Fawnskip seemed like she would be up for a good game... a challenge. And besides, it wasn't a lie - it was just holding part of the truth until she cared enough to uncover it. Yeah, Obsidiansky liked that... it was the best way to tell when someone actually wanted to know. Actually cared,
so to speak.
Fawnskip loved mysteries! She loved solving games, almost like they were her life. Just the other day she had overheard a riddle, and she thought about it for a while before asking the cat who told the riddle for the answer. It had been a murder mystery of sorts, a `who did it?` riddle. Her goal had been to find out who committed the crime, and why. She had figured out who the murderer was, but she had gotten the killer's intentions wrong.

Excitement flooded her. Her eyes widened, and she even jumped no more than a whisker-length off the ground. With a small `squee!`, Fawnskip exclaimed, ``Oh yes! I just love the chase so much more than the catch! Tell me a part of it, and I'll try to figure all of it out!`` She was expressing genuine excitement. Everything she'd just said was true. The chase was so much better than the catch. In fact, her life revolved around those words. The chase - her flirting - was so much better than the catch - owning their heart. This is why she dropped toms immediately after she knew she had them wrapped around her paw. Flirting was so much fun! And settling down was not.

Her paws shuffled anxiously against the earth, eager to hear the piece of the backstory and begin figuring everything out. Fawnskip's ears were erect in interest, and her tail lashed restlessly behind her. She was like a kit who wanted to be the best warrior the Clans have ever seen.