Thread: Kit Corrals
View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2023, 12:27 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Kit Corrals

| Snowybreeze & Lightningpaw |

Seeing Lightningpaw enter the corral with the kit happily riding on her back, Snowybreeze purred, delighted at how happy his student already looked. The warrior code lesson had always been one of the less requested ones, and despite his belief that the code was to be followed fully, he could see why this was the case. It was very... wordy. Not a lot happened, and there was so much to memorize. A part of the him wondered if he could get away with mostly explaining the spirit of the code as opposed to every single rule, but then that felt like cheating, did it not?

In the end, the gentle giant decided to divide it by segments. No need to divide it one by one when he could explain a few that pertained to the same thing at once and answer questions as needed, right? Paws shifting as Lightningpaw padded back towards him, having given one round around the corral first, playfully making the kit better acquainted with his surroundings, the tom offered a gentle smile. Despite her roughness when mad and her fiery personality, it was clear that Cowtuft's kindness was being a positive influence on the medicine cat apprentice. Or perhaps she'd always had that hint of kindness in herself, she just hadn't allowed it to shine through? Whichever the case, he was more than happy to see how good the tortie and white molly was with the youngest of the clan. They always deserved nothing but the kindest of love.

"Are you. Ready?" Snowybreeze asked, tilting his head questioningly at Lightningpaw as he spoke.

The lithe calico sat, Crookedkit still on her, allowing the kit to slide down her back in one last, playful motion before walking towards the quiet giant. Or mostly quiet. She supposed he would be talking quite a bit today. At his question, she flashed a smug grin in his direction, her tail twitching with mischief. "What do you think, Breezy? Born ready. Let's get this started, shall we?"

A purr rumbling in his throat, Snowybreeze turned towards the young kit before them, dipping his head in greeting before he began. "Hello. I am. Snowybreeze. And I will. Be teaching you. About. The warrior. Code. But first. Please. Tell me. What do you. Know. About. The code?" he asked, tilting his head once more as he stared down at the brown eyed tom. As eager as he was to get his explanation started, it would help if he knew just how much the little one knew already. Less chance to bore the poor kit that way with his ramblings.

-

@Queen_Coral [Crookedkit]
| I could have sworn I had gotten to this response already, I am so sorry for the wait! Anything bolded and italic means that Lightning is gesturing and translating for Snowybreeze while he speaks. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios