Thread: Moonlit Grove
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2024, 11:19 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Moonlit Grove

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

Guilt threatened to bubble in the gray tom's gut at the sight of Hawkbite's tears, but after all his experience when it came to death, the young enforcer could temper it. The tabby's tears were not because of him. Not really. Yes, it had been his words that had provided the catalyst required for them to release, but they had been there. Waiting for the opportune moment to be spilled. He didn't comment on them. Didn't make promises of how everything would be alright. Because those tears had been earned. Starrywisp deserved them, and having shed so many himself, he would never deny a warrior the right to mourn a fallen clanmate, be them family or friend.

Rounded ears flattened only slightly when he felt the older tom press against him, the silent sobs tugging at his own sorrow until he found his eyes moistened, thin trails of darkened fur running down his cheeks. Raising his paw, Silverlark attempted to embrace his friend comfortingly. Let him cry to his heart's content until he was done. He'd had such kindness offered to him so many times before. It was his turn to return the favor. To be the rock for his friend to lean on until he could stand on his own four paws again.

The muscular warrior followed after Hawkbite, helping fill up Starry's final rest. His tears had been short lived - there was only so much heartbreak he could go through in a moon before it begun to grown numb - but the need to ensure his friend's grave was kept safe from element and predator alike was strong. He knew what had happened with the dogs before. His mum had been among those tossed like old crowfood. He would not allow the same to happen to anyone else.

His companion's voice breaking the brittle silence caught Silverlark's attention in an instant. There was no more scrapping of dirt to distract him. No more work to burden themselves with. Only the reality of their friend being buried, never to be seen again. Not in this life, in any case. Not one to have ever been shy or hide positive emotions from the rest, the young enforcer found himself giving Hawkbite a modest grin at his words - unable to offer his more usual, beaming smile under the gloomy circumstances, but giving any bit of positivity he could get - lifting his paw once more and attempting to place it on the dark tabby's shoulder. A gesture he considered equal parts encouraging and comforting.

"Don't think you do yourself no justices, Sir Bits. I think you can handle anything, yep. But... I'll always be here for you, friend," he reassured him. Turning back to the grave, he nodded before speaking again. "Oh, I hope so, I do. I think I mess up sometimes, though. Get too caught up in work, ya know? But... I'll remember this time, I will. Be back soon as the first flowers start showing up. Yep. Get some moss to cover her. She always did like things mossy mossy, mmhmmm."

His grin wavered, sorrow taking over it momentarily as he spoke. It was hard not to remember how fond she had been of that little moss ball. The one that had gotten her through her family's disappearance. Back when she had been a little Wren. He could still hear her, even to this day. Her giddy clamors and declarations, giving him his second nickname. Mossy. He'd liked it. It had suited him, his fur filled with moss and bits of mud every day. It would be the last favor he would be able to provide her. Make sure she still had that one thing that had brought her so much joy before she had gone and turned into a star.

@SuspiciousMindz [Hawkbite]
| Hawky just here breaking my heart. Think if you want to close this one with Hawkfur's next post, we can? Unless you prefer to leave it here, which works too! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios