Thread: Chatbox
View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2017, 01:01 PM
It's a double rainbow

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Chatbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingEchoes View Post

Just to clarify, it would kind of make sense for Wikipedia to cost money. You might have noticed that sometimes you'll turn on Wiki and it will ask for donations to keep the site going. Well almost no one does that, and somethings just need money to run/be used. So in actuality without Wiki being paid for it could die because it's unfunded. And there really isn't anything wrong with wanting to make money...

At least I think so, I wasn't aware of this law, so I'm simply reading into what has been said. I hope there are no hard feelings, I just wanted to clarify that.
Yeah, I agree Wikipedia would need money, though the founders seem not to want to make their website something to pay to access. At least now they don't. I think Okapi chose a bad example on that point though ...

Though, inform yourself on this law if you have the time. (It has something to do with the FCC and should be voted tomorrow, I think ?). I've been feeling on edge lately so I'm probably overreacting from all these posts I've seen over the week.

Anyways, sorry I came off too strong. It's just ... laws like these appear to come up every year, I can't count how many petitions I've signed over the years, and I'm starting to feel like it's an endless loop of battles to try and keep the internet as it is for everyone ...