My Mood: Queenly
Default Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blxze. View Post
Attachment 3299
Goldfish

Purrks: Agatha Kitty || Go With the Flow
Tags; @ThePrettyPurpleDemon | @nyx

Goldfish contentedly padded along as she led her patrol along the border. The sun was high, the clouds were fluffy, and it looked beautiful out. She was enjoying it so far. But, then memories of her argument with Shelly swept through her head. She suppressed a shudder. What did Shellwhisker do? the question was nagging her- really, really nagging her. She'd have to- wait. Wait, wait, wait. That didn't smell right. No, that didn't smell right at all. She froze in place. The scent, it... was familiar. Okay, so there was the reek of rats for one. Faint, yet still there. This wasn't good. Rat bites could get infected easily, and what RiverClan didn't need was infected wounds. No way, no way. Not with a medicine cat that's only temporary. Minky and Cobweb could help her though, and Marigold had been a medicine cat before. It'd be fine-- right? Okay, all they had to do was investigate and not get bit. Easier said than done. A fight might be on the verge. Uh oh.

"Okay, so it reeks of rats here," she mewed, "And we all know-- hopefully- how bad their bites can be, so we won't be stupid and will follow instruction. Oh, that was mean. I don't mean that in a bad way, but to fight rats you must be neat and orderly. Not that I plan on it." the last part trailed off a bit, and she cleared her throat. Okay, so... rats. Great. They could be prey, though, and that'd be great. More prey. BUT this was a border patrol, not a hunting patrol. They'd only kill if the rats were dangerous. That was it. "Blueriver, can you go mark over there and take a quick wiff before you do for ShadowClan. While you're at it, see if you smell rats. You look quick, so if something goes wrong come straight back without second thought. Patrol order." Starclan, she prayed no rats were over there, too. The scent seemed to mainly be coming from beneath a rock. "Cloudbass, come with me to inspect the rock. We can mark on our way over." Now she would be two tree-lengths from Blueriver. She and Cloudbass. But she didn't really smell rat scent over there. "If we yowl, Blueriver, come right over." she added, placing a marker as she padded over to the rock. She placed another halfway there.
Please, please, please don't let there be too many. Please, Starclan, please. RiverClan doesn't need this.

Cloudbass

she/her / riverclan warrior / quiet

Cloudbass followed Goldfish by the Shadowclan border. Her emerald green orbs her emerald eyes darting anxiously between the swampy river and marshy land acrros from her patrol members. The tall blue tabby warrior wrinkled her nose at the foul stench of crowfood that permeated the air, a scent she always found repulsive. She had always found the presence of ShadowClan warriors unsettling, their sneaky reputation making her fur shiver whenever they crossed paths at gatherings.. They made her fur prickle. Expectantly their leader Dawnstar, that massive, scarred, dark brown tabby sent shivers down her spine with her sharp amber gaze. Cloudbass made a mental note to keep a safe distance of at least four fox lengths from any ShadowClan warrior.

The warrior broke out of their daze about Shadowclan when Goldfish suddenly halted in her tracks. She observed as the tortoiseshell sniffed the air in confusion. Then the smell hit her.

Rats.

The faint scent, though recognizable, filled Cloudbass with a sense of urgency and alarm. She glanced at Goldfish and Blueriver and her wide green eyes reflecting a ring of white around them in alarm. Cloudbass's heart pounded in her chest as she processed the implications of the rat scent lingering in the air. If they were to get bitten by the rabid rodents, what might happen is unknown. She doesn't know Marigoldleap very well, but she was a medicine cat substitute. Uncertainty clouded her mind, could she trust Marigoldleap to save her from the brink of death?

The warrior nodded quickly, she might be awfully chatty but she knows it's important to follow directions. It can mean life or death in this case. If you do...or don't. She joined Goldfish by the rock, pausing briefly as the patrol leader marked spots on the journey there. Cloudbass made sure to cast wary glances into the shade of ShadowClan territory. Trying to maintain a mouse length away from the rock, the tabby gave the rock a few sniffs. She dropped into a defensive crouch and unsheathed her claws. If a rat was to leap at her, she could swipe it away swiftly.

(@blxze. ; Goldfish , @ThePrettyPurpleDemon ; Blueriver )