My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Saltmeadow Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post

Rufflepaw
▵ He/Him

❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Rufflepaw for once in his life followed after the medicine cat quietly, giving no offhand comments about anything. He had been here already before when Darkfall had shown him the borders so he was familiar with the area. That didn't mean he liked being here, who liked the smell of those fish faces?! It had him wondering how they could stand the smell of each other over in that clan, probably drove them crazy. "Not like they will win, I bet we could easily take a patrol of them out like fleas!" now he was just boasting or did he really believe they were strong enough for that? No one could tell until the time came for their clan to face them if it called for it. With a hop to his step, he went and rubbed himself against the surroundings making sure to leave his scent behind.

@Rose @Tiabirb [I totally didn't forget this existed ]

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiabirb View Post

Chipmunkpaw
----------------

Every fox-length out of camp was the most exciting thing in her life! Every mouse-length even! Chipmunkpaw darted about, exploring her world in a small radius that kept Lostspark nearby.
She sniffed some ferns. Then she found some mud and made her paw prints in it. After that she found a new scent trail that had taken her time following, only to return back to Lostspark and Rufflepaw when she could barely see them anymore.

And at last they arrived at the marsh! Chipmunkpaw, paws covered in mud and her fur bristling with excitement, did her best to listen to Lostspark's summary. And to watch how to mark the border! Chipmunkpaw bounced up to Lostspark while she marked the border thingy, and Chipmunkpaw found more questions welling up inside. How did scents work? Why did they have scents? Why did theirs smell so different? And-

"What is that fishy smell!?" Chipmunkpaw blurted out after sniffing a particular landmark while following after the medicine cat. Her nose scrunched and she screwed her eyes closed, "Don't tell me that's RiverClan!? Eeeewww!...Who would want to smell like...fish????" Chipmunkpaw gagged and scrambled away from the border a small distance.

@Rose @Eden

//Sorry so so sorry for taking this long! ^^;
She/Her | Purrks Overlook

Lostspark didn't deem it important to reply to Rufflepaw's boasting. Let the lad have his fantasies, and whether they would prove true or not?, only time would tell. Meanwhile, it seemed Chipmunkpaw was flitting from one thing to the next like a stars-darn hummingbird. 'Course, Lostspark didn't hold it against her - she was a new apprentice, after all. There was bound to be some natural curiosity there. Didn't mean Lostspark had to necessarily put up with it, but she didn't mind. She kept track of the flighty apprentice as they walked, making sure the feline didn't wander off. There was no reason to worry, though, since Chipmunkpaw was able to keep up on her own.

"That is RiverClan's scent, yes." The Medicine Cat agreed softly, moving to the other side of the border to mark that part as well. They'd best head back soon, anyway. Once Rufflepaw and Chipmunkpaw had completed whatever they were doing (marking the border alongside her or otherwise), Lostspark flicked her tail in signal to gesture them back to her. "Come along, then. Back to camp we go, I need to report this in."

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.