View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2017, 06:21 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
{Aw, well I'm glad you think so xD}
{Yeah, Grouse is an innocent little babe, he doesn't even understand what love is, so pure }

"Don't apologize, there's nothing to apologize for, you're alright." Breathed the tom gently, brushing the tip of his tail along her shoulder and gently resting his chin on tom of her head, in a way trying to shield her from the outside world, to shield her from whatever demons plagued her mind and caused her to react so negatively. That's what Grousestar wanted to do so desperately bad, to shield her from that fear, her inner demons, so that she could live a normal life because he knew, he just knew that this young molly had to be suffering if she were this nervous and scared all of the time. He wanted to help her so desperately bad, she was his apprentice and she was a valuable member to his clan.

Nonetheless, the tom continued to gently brush the tip of his tail along her shoulder as a human might gently rub someone else's back to help soothe them, lifting his chin from her head to look over her nervously, almost seeming to make sure there was no outward sign of injury, just wanting to be absolutely positive that she didn't have an illness or infected wound, anything of the sort. "You can breathe Featherpaw, you're just breathing too fast and shallow and are scaring yourself. You're alright." Reassured the tabby, continuing to soothingly brush at her shoulder with his tail that was loosely curled around her.

"It's alright, just focus on getting your breathing back to normal. Just know you're in a safe place and I would never let any harm occur to you, alright?" Purred out the tom quietly, his gaze slowly looking up at the canopy again to find that the black bird was back, a small smile turning the corners of his muzzle upwards.

"Do you see that bird up there Featherpaw? That's a black bird. They're just like a crow and a raven, but they're smaller. They're not as smart either, but aren't they just so pretty? Don't you think it's beautiful how they can fly wherever they want, just on the whim of thought?" Questioned the tom, still looking up at the bird with bright eyes, his tail still brushing along her shoulder. It was a genuine question, but also a tactic to get her mind off of whatever had caused her panic attack. He's never actually dealt with a cat who's had one, but he's got a decent idea of what to do and figured he was helping, or at least helping to the best of his ability. Grousestar might have a challenge, but I believe you just happened upon one of the most patient cats in Skyclan.

Grousestar would be more than happy to spend an eternity helping this young molly best her anxiety and depression and that was the absolute truth.
Featherpaw fought to balance her shaky breaths, her gaze locked on the ground before her as she struggled to focus. She was genuinely grateful for Grousestar's company, although there was that ounce of irritation in her in which she felt for him. Shut up! But as quickly as it had grown, her frustration with him disappeared - which was quick. It was replaced with self-pity and sadness. He doesn't know. He doesn't care. Why's he trying? He isn't even trying. He just wants you to stop because you're annoying. She continued to convince herself that he truly didn't care. He wants to get this session over with. Then he won't have to be with me. I can understand that, though... I mean, why do I have to be me? Her breaths quickened, and she shuffled her paws as if preparing to run away - but she didn't. She was afraid of moving, for a reason she did not know.

While Grousestar continued to talk about the bird within the trees, Featherpaw's breathing was becoming stable. However, her breaths remained slightly labored as if lacking the energy to breathe properly. Her chest would rise and fall in a shaky motion, and her entire body trembled. She took a risk, barely raising her chin to stare at the blackbird. From the corner of her eye, she could see Grousestar staring at the bird as well. But unlike her, he had a kit-like fascination with the bird - she found him and his reaction with the bird to be absolutely adorable. Featherpaw studied the black-feathered prey, wondering what was so amazing about it. Luckily, the bird became a distraction, and her anxiety was forgotten.

She could feel the tomcat's tail brushing against her side in a soothing rhythm, offering her warmth and comfort in which she appreciated. Featherpaw exhaled heavily, blinking at the animal of flight. It wasn't completely black, a few flecks in it's feathers being shades of gray. It's eyes were round, and and a yellow-orange - frightening, actually. It's pointed peak matched the color of it's eyes. However, it was a gorgeous animal. Her gaze fluttered to it's wings, tucked to it's side. Her jaw dropped slightly as she began to understand Grousestar's feelings towards the bird. She imagined it's wings spreading, the feathers twitching as it did so. It would launch itself off the ground, producing a pathetic excuse for a cloud of dust as it's feet left the ground. The wings would be a blur as they swung up and down, gaining height. Reaching towards the sky, flying away from all it's troubles. It would be free.

``I - I want to be a bird. I want to fly away from all my troubles. Far, far away from here,`` Featherpaw murmured in response, her eyes wide in fascination as she imagined herself as a bird, flying away from here. Hope and joy sparkled in her eyes as if her thoughts had become reality. A weak smile was on her face, and her whiskers would twitch whenever her smile faltered. Bird. I want to be a bird.