View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Default Re: Kittypet.. No More? (Private)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
"Well good for her! I bet it was tasty," he replied with a smile. Flint had never met Lucky personally, only heard of her, but he hopes to see her around. Flint's ears perked up as Jack complained of the weather. Chuckling, Flint sat down to listen to their banter. As they spoke, he licked a paw, and ran it over his light brown head. When it was Flint's turn to speak, he paused mid stroke, and sat his paw on the ground. "I've been okay, it's kind of lonely cooped up inside all day," he confessed , glancing back over the fence. "It's been quite warm, yes, but I much prefer a bit of chill. Flint thought about how it would be, living out in the wild with no twolegs to warm you up if you got too cold. Exhilirating, he bet. Flint stood up and shook out his pelt, relieving the excitement of the thought. "I wonder how those feral cats live," he spoke up, changing the topic to hear their thoughts on the matter.
“Indeed. It was much better than that dry pellets that our owner puts in our dish.” Oliver said, his whiskers twitching, “Though, if we’re good, she’ll share some pieces of chicken with us.” Out of the corner of his eye, he could see his younger brother narrowing his eyes at him with a slight unamused frown. “Ah, yes. She shares it with us.” Jack mentioned, “In Oliver’s terms, that means taking all the food that he can stuff in his mouth before scampering off to eat it where I cannot find him.” The older patched tabby chuckled slightly at this, but did not deny that from his smaller sibling. He drew his tongue over a ruffled clump of fur on his shoulder for a moment, feeling the warm sunlight on his back as Jack took over the conversation between them and their friendly neighborhood friend, Flint. “Well, you’re always welcome at our place if you need some company. Our owner would love to give you a tasty treat while you visit.” He purred with a lightened smile to their companion for a moment. As they continuing talking amongst each other, the larger patched tomcat sat up and gave a yawn as he stretched out his front paws for a moment or two as his emerald-hued gaze flickered over to the treetops that peeked over from their view of the wooden fence. Flint’s mention of the feral cats, however, caught Ollie’s utmost attention in less than two seconds as he turned his head to the other male. “You know those two males that live down the street on the corner - Tiger and Speckles?” He asked with his tail swishing behind him as he spoke, “Well, I heard from Tiger that he used to live out in the woods before he was found by his owner and lives the good life. He said that there are large groups of wild cats out there with sharpened claws and teeth that protect their territory without mercy. Doesn’t that sound awesome?” He exclaimed and Jack shook his head. “Nonsense, I tell you.”