View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2017, 05:44 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: SkyClan Warriors' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
Cliffheart was sleeping peacefully. He was dreaming calmly about being perfectly abled. No injured or twisted leg, mate by his side, on a hunt through the territory and hindered by absolutely nothing. As the two split up, Cliffheart engaged in a chase with a hare. He bolted after it, exhilaration pumping through him. He leaped for the kill, when a tree popped out of nowhere and he crashed right into it. After standing up, dizzy with the impact, he found himself not able to stand. Looking down, he saw that not one, but all four of his paws were twisted and sprained. Panicking, he yowled out for help, but no one came to his aid. Not even Scorchedpetal, who he knew was near by. When she did show up, she seemed different, a cold gaze etched on her face. "Now you're worse than before. I can't love someone who is damaged like you." She spat at him. Horrified, Cliffheart jolted awake by the heavy weight that crushed his chest.

As Cliffheart jolted awake, his chest heaving, memories and images of the nightmare still vivid in his mind. He gazed around wildly, confused for a moment of where he was. His gaze landed on Scorchedpetal, and from the recent dream, he jerked away in fear. He quickly regretted it, realizing what was going on. A soft smile grew on his maw and he nuzzled the reddish she cat. He purred, but didn't take the offer on the mouse. "Thanks, but I'm not hungry right now." He said, his voice flat and dull. The dream had been so nice at first, just he and his mate having a hunt together, but he had screwed up and ended up worse than ever, and Scorchedpetal had hated him for it. Sure it was a nightmare, but he couldn't help but think, What if?
Scorchedpetal noticed the look he had, and noticed the horror in his eyes. "You alright hun?" She asked, tilting her head. She had a feeling she woke him from a nightmare, but she felt better that she did. She nuzzled him gently and licked his cheek. "Hey, I was wondering if Ebonypaw said you could go hunting yet." She purred. "I wanna make sure you got the okay before I help you, because with all of the little activity you've been allowed to do, we gotta work your strength up slowly but surely." She meowed, tilting her head slightly for a cute look. She couldn't shake the feeling about his look when he woke up. Cliffheart was a good Tom but he felt he was weaker with his leg than anything. But she knew she could fix it with the way she talked to him. Maybe he needed that now? "So, how is my Star?" She asked, taking a small bite from the mouse.