View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2017, 12:48 AM
Floating

My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Timid giggled at the tom. “It certainly does fit you,” She smiled. “Fennec...Fenny...I’d imagine that it gets lonely here. And, nicknames must be a rare occurrence for you.” She almost felt bad for him! Timid was pretty extroverted. She was outgoing, easy to approach and start a conversation with. It was easy for her to make friends. With more of the friendlier cats that enjoys her presence, obviously. Not everyone could make it into the tough and daring squad of the syndicate. Her best chances were hunting or being...executed. But, Fennec was hardly around any cats. Who did he talk to? Did he not go crazy while staying in this place? Though, it was gorgeous. Without anyone she could talk to? Timid would never love in such a place. She flicked her ears upon the name Fennec called her, and a purr escaped her maw. “Timmy...I like it.” She tilted her head up towards the sky for a moment. “Fenny and Timmy...it has a ring to it doesn't it? It sounds like it would be perfect together.” She put her head down to stare at the ground, using a claw to unconsciously pick at the dirt.

The young golden cat knew Fennec was hiding something, but she wouldn't push him. Oh no. Never! Timid was not a forceful cat, and she tried her best to respect others spaces. Yet, she longed for him to trust her. Trust was a start to a good friendship. Timid knew she would never lie to him. Sometime she told too much than she should had. Like about the Syndicate. Or, about how she's constantly afraid of things. One thing Timid remember learning as a kit, would be that if another cat knew your fears or weaknesses, they would eventually use it against you. At a tender young age, Timid was influenced that the outside world-- outside your clan-- is filled with cats you can never trust. However, Fennec didn’t look harmful. And, Timid always viewed the world as a happy place. What’s the worst that could happen?

The small golden cat stared at her companion, she wanted to giggle at him. Add some lightning sparks to this dim litted situation. Maybe, he was in a deep thought. What was he thinking about? Who was he thinking about? Is he thinking about me? Timid looked away bashfully, a slight tinge coming under her fur. It wasn’t in a good way. More so, she thought he was thinking differently of her. Like he didn’t want her around. Maybe, she would cause too much conflict. Maybe, he thought he didn’t want her here. Maybe, it was best if she left back to the syndicate. Her nose twitched, indicating that she was becoming deep in thought herself. But, at his words, she kept her inner negativity away. It was a foxbrained way to think that he was...changing his mind. Yet, it wasn’t impossible. At his words, she purred once more, hoping that it sounded normal than what her thoughts contrasted to. ‘’Good. So, you wouldn’t mind going another round?’’ She circled around him, flicking him with her tail in the process. ‘’Maybe, I could chase you this time!’’ She hopped in front of him, throwing herself into a hunting crouch as her rump stayed in the air, adding a little shake to her playful nature. Maybe playing would get their minds off...other things. The sad things. The depressing things.

Timid stared up at her companion, twitching her nose once more. She tilted her head to look up at him. ‘’What, you didn’t know?’’ She asked, rather stunned. Though, she didn’t know why she had to be so surprised. Yet, she had expected Fennec would know a lot about the different animals. Share her knowledge. Give her more. He lived in this open with a variety of animals. ‘’They’re not bears because they carry their young in a pouch. Which is like this large opening where-’’ She stopped, hearing the exact word she was thinking about. Marsupials. Yes, that was what they were. ‘’Yup! Marsupials. Which are animals-- specifically mothers-- who carry their young in a pouch that is connected to their bodies.’’ She felt her ears twitch. It meant she was enjoying this. Giving him knowledge, or even testing his knowledge. He was so smart! And, she felt a type of joy settle within her that he was actually...interested in knowing about wildlife. Looking away from the tom once more, she held a hidden smile. ‘’Oh, well, you know,’’ She started, feeling herself become bashful. ‘’Those large animals with great big paws--almost like a bunny. And, very large bunny ears too! They kinda look like an oversized rabbit! They hop too.’’ She stared at him once more. ‘’They have very powerful legs. You do not want to get hit by those things,’’ She giggled.

Timid stared at the deer once more, knowing that she would never bother it. Watching the process of nature was the best thing of all. She heard Fennec’s compliment, but she didn’t know what to say. So, she only nodded, and a tiny smile graced her maw. Upon his next words, Timid gave the tom a devious smirk, shaking her head and rolling her eyes. ‘’Birds are a blessing,’’ She crowed, more playfully. ‘’You have to learn how to respect them.’’ Besides that, birds were more of a...rare occurrence within the Syndicate. Timid never truly got to hear them sing. She figured they would only sing in the much happier of places. And, the Syndicate? Long from a happy place. Though, she wouldn’t tell Fennec this. Especially since she decided to leave the syndicate behind.

Timid never minded being close to anyone. She was actually, a very affectionate cat. Only in the Syndicate, she hardly got to show her affectionate side. This was because the Syndicate was filled with so many cats that just wanted vengeance. That didn’t know what love was. That was ruthless until their dying days. Timid knew what love was, and on a daily she tried to give it out. Obviously, it was frowned upon. And, it was rejected. Timid knew that Fennec must not have been...so sure. He was frozen. Unmoving as she pulled herself against him. Maybe, she was too close in his comfort zone?

Timid was almost surprised. Shocked, to see him step back. She squinted her eyes, wondering what was wrong with her friend. First, they were being playful-- was it something I said? Timid pinned her ears flat to her head, almost whimpering in a sense. Of course, it was something I said. It’s always something I do. The small golden cat, looked away for a moment, contemplating the decision she just made.

She chose to stay.
Stay here with him.
She chose to live her.
Experience a new side of life.

But, what if now, he didn’t want her here? Timid thought she could see anger filling him. And, she didn’t know whether or not she should talk to him or leave him alone. Maybe, it was best for her to go back. Or, maybe she was moving too fast. It could had been anything, really. After much thinking, Timid finally made her decision. She got up, her tail lowly swishing, before she turned to walk away. ‘’I’m guessing you changed your mind?’’ Her voice was quiet, but her ears stayed perk. ‘’I don’t have to stay if you don’t want me to!’’ Because, you look like you don’t want me to. Maybe, she was being rash. But, she was young. She was scared. And, she just wanted to...belong somewhere. But, whatever the reason it was, Timid knew it was her fault in the first place. Everything was always her fault. Before, he could even say anything, she bounded away. From this gorgeous place.
Perhaps, the Syndicate was where she was born.
And, every chance she had to get away from it.
It had her running back to what she dreaded.

(Ooooh, if it’s not cold in the wintertime, I’M MOVING THERE.)
Fennec gave Timid a small smile, a playful glint in his eyes as he watched the small golden cat speak to him. ”Actually, I’ve never had one before. Until now.” he laughed playfully, his tone bubbly and light hearted. Actually, he was bending the truth- he remembered vividly when Swift and him were falling asleep on the rain, and she had said to him ‘Fen, did you know I've always loved the rain? It's smells so good’. That night, they both smelled of petrichor and had a fear for Holly, who had not returned until morning. Fen, Fenny and Fennec were the only names he'd ever heard. He smiled in joy as Timid did too, glad she liked his nickname. He felt his ears lie back slightly, and a blush rise to his cheeks at her last comment, his fur prickling slightly. “They sound kind of like a pair...don't they?”
(I AM SCREAMING OML )

Fennec looked ahead of him, remembering some happy empties of the time-minus the claws and the rockslides. He remembered the first time any of the three siblings caught prey. It was Holly, who had been practicing for a quarter-moon. She was so proud when, while he and Swift had been wreathed quietly in Shade, she pinched and scored a plump vole. The smile on her face, and how she enjoyed that vile while giving them a few bits, her eyes were bright as she watched her siblings enjoy her catch. Only, her happy smile was Spoiled when Birch stalked out d the woods with narrowed eyes. Their mother took one look at their content expression, and decided that they didn't deserve it. In seconds, she chased after them and then… he stopped thinking there. Fennec looked down at his shoulder, where a faint scar marked his fur. He remembered every single injury and day perfectly. Which sometimes was like living in a horror scene.

He shook his head and looked back at Timid. Fennec stared back at Timid, he took a dramatic breath of air, “Phew, you’d win. I'm out of breath.” he puffed, flicking his tail tip at the green-eyed cat. “chase me? Are you sure you could catch me?” he joked playfully, stretching his legs dramatically. He mirrored Timid’s position, except he was a little more upright, his tail Curling upward like an unfurling fern frond. He placed his paws squarely and staggered, his ears forward to he could watch Timid’s next move. He straightened up as Timid spoke, at her question, he shook his head as he rose to a sitting position, his tail flapping form one side to another.

Given his current living condition, Fennec thought he would know a lot more about life far away from him like Timid did. He only knew about the simple things: Fennec foxes, local animals. And so on. Since he lived in this alpine-like, riparian area, he knew of deer and elk and moose and squirrels and regular red foxes. Kangaroos? Not so much. But he had seen a few interesting animals in his time: this one time he saw an ermine. No, it was called a stoat. No, wait, it was a weasel. Whatever the rodent was called, he found it so fascinating how in summer it’s coat faded to a dark brown, and in winter it was as the snow itself. He wondered what he would look like. Dark brown in the summer, bleach white in the winter. Boy, he would look funny. At least it would make Timid laugh. His pupils displayed at the thought. Why would it matter if he made Timid laugh? Of course, he wanted to make her smile, but why? He pushed the thought away and turned back to her. “A pouch?” he echoed, his eyes widening more, “That’s so interesting!”. He paused, trying to imagine a gigantic rabbit standing up with a pouch. But kangaroos were somewhat small and red. Still, he had no idea. He bobbed his head along with Timid and focused on his surroundings.

He watched the deer, his gaze taking in every speck of the Evie around him while his eyes shone with the glow of the Aspen leafs, which washed the clearing in a wave of sunny colors. With Timid's reaction to his joke, he returned the small smirk-ish smile; A small laugh bubbling in his mouth. He tilted his head at her next words about the birds. He couldn't imagine waking up to find the air heavy and silent the the ominous clouds of evil the Syndicate must've been shrouded in. He had always overlooked all of the flying creatures around him. Even the smallest made a difference in his daily life. He only nodded, the faint echo of birds rebounding as a thought of the sharp-winged swift, his sister's’ namesake. He could see Swift as a bird: graceful, Delaware, soft, gentle, and underestimated. Not to mention and most importantly, a gift.

Fennec felt the flashback all rush in his mind as Timid moved against him, and he was aight backing away with his gaze stuck to the ground. Just because of his small panic attack, Timid must've been hurt. Because out of the corner of his eye he saw her ears pinned back to her skull, it was all his fault. Because of his little attack, he would be caught explaining. He breathed deeply, this was for her sake. His eyes shot back to the ground when Timid spoke to him.

“Of course I want you to stay here-”

He paused, the images of a rockslide settling and the dust slowly falling to the ground. Again and again, Swifts’ bright eyes becoming dull and glazed, like a puddle. And Holly being swept aside by rocks in a black tabby blur. How he saw his dad and immediately wanted vengeance. And his mother, who he knew was gone. Everyone around him, anyone that was ever pulled close to him. Gone. Dead. Nonexistent. “Look, I don't go around telling everyone about my past, the only ones that know what happened to me are my family; and they're all dead. You see, everyone that has been close to Me has died.” he paused, hesitating for a moment before he could bring his gaze up to Timid’s, ”I don't want you to have the same fate as them because of my bad luck, I just met you, and I don't want that to happen.” he shuffled his paws, pushing aside any part of a thought that included spilling to Timid right here and right know.

He thought it would take ages for him to tell someone, but really, he was easy to crack. Timid was pretty much his only friend, the only living cat that he had known the longest. And already he had told her about how his past was bad, and his family is dead.

He sure has great conversation starters. And he hoped that Timid would still take up His hospitality, even though he was a bad omen.

(Sorry to break it to you, but it's super cold in the Winter)