View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2017, 06:16 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam View Post
Fennec Pursed his lips and urged his tail to pick up from the ground, his ears still pressed flat to his head. The moment Timid spoke, he let go of it all ad let his feelings take over.He was in such a depressed posture, Timid was surely suspicious. He swallowed nervously, forming the response in his head. If her were to share it, he would share it now. "Just a..touchy subject for me, thats all."he mewed, trying to return the golden she-cats light tone. Already, his ears started to return to normal, although his tail still hung down in a hook near the ground. He knew he shouldn't say anything, but the last part just slipped out, "I kinda have a rocky past."he made his voice a quiet mumble, gritting his teeth and half-hoping Timid wouldn't hear his verbal slip up.

He walked in silence with Timid for a few moments, his mind searching for something to mask up his little sentence, but he found nothing he could use. No matter where he looked in his head. It always either had the words 'family' 'Holly' 'Swift' 'Birch' or 'Thomas' involved in it. Even if he talked about his home, the real reason why he was here because he accidentally escaped from the prison he called his kin. But he couldn't tell Timid that, of course.

Fennec mouth twisted into a competitive smirk as Timid bounded forward, in a way almost teasing him to catch up to her. He smiled, and the heartbeat after she called his name, he tore away after her, keeping a swift and light-hearted run to keep up with the other feline. Already, his little slip up and Timid's question faded to the back of his mind, carried by the breeze conjured up by his fast strides. Pacing, running, stretching his legs in a confident run. The last time he acted so freely was...well, no memory came close to this one. The winds tasted like opportunity and joy, especially since he was chasing after Timid's tail tip playfully.

He slowed down with Timid, taking in breaths and panting with his sudden sprint. For some reason, when he was forced to run or when he made himself exercise, he always felt winded. But when he had to run, wither from a dg or a cat or just for fun, he never felt breathless until he stopped, like all of the tiredness caught up to him after he finished. His smile slightly faded when Timid replied to his bear comment "They are pretty big." he mewed,suddenly remembering something Swift had told him a long time ago, "Expect for...what are they called, again? I think they're called Koalo Bears. Anyways, they're super tiny, and sleep the whole entire day... right? They aren't intimidating at all." Fennec added, before watching Timid's green eyes look at his amber ones. His ears perked with interest at her information; he never really knew that much about animals, and Timid had practically studied every single one out there. He could just imagine his knowledge and his mind, next to Timid's, which was probably about three times more informed than his."Wow. You know a lot about wildlife." he commented, still watching Timid as she looked ahead of her.

Once he explained where they were going, he searched Timid's face for an expression. He was almost proud to see a smile appear on her face. He returned a smaller one, picturing the clearing in his mind. His honey-colored irises sparkled with happiness as she went on. He could only imagine what the Syndicate looked like, but judging from the looks of wonder Timid held as she scanned the territory, this place was a lot better. "It is a pretty place, isn't it? almost... surreal." he looked at the bushes ahead again, searching for some kind of pretty flower to look at or something.

Fennec watched her pass him once she spotted the dark, beryl, evergreen bush. Quick, he quickened his pace to see Timid's reaction to the new place that was bathed in the orangish-green light of the aspens. He kept quiet, not wanting words ruin the zone Timid had slipped into to observe the aspen clearing (I found this picture and i thought it would kinda look like this?), which was stunning to him even now. Fennec looked down at her dazzled expression, he laughed "I wish! But no, not exactly in this place, you know where you tackled me? I live right there. That Ponderosa tree." He slowly turned his head back to the glowing clearing, taking in the sunlight and the zephyrs and the newer and fresher smells swirling around him and intertwining with the peaceful atmosphere. He took a deep breath, and his eyes darted to a flash of movement behind a marked aspen tree. He leaned a little closer to Timid, keeping his voice quiet. "Hey, look. A deer came to say hello." he nodded his muzzle to where the deer was. Timid would like seeing the deer, right? "its right over there.".

(This is just me but i found it a bit ironic when Timid asked 'this is where you live?' because I live in an area with looks exactly like this X3)
Timid acknowledged her friend’s privacy. She butted his shoulder with her head playfully, nuzzling him. “It's okay if you don't want to tell me.” She looks up at him with a small smile.’”Family is a touchy subject for me too.” She turned away for a second, frowning for a while. She didn't remember any of her real parents. They both weren't apart of her lives. In fact, the queen that raised her told her that she was left to...die. The golden cat was in a deep thought process, and upon hearing his words, she shook her head, turning back to him. “Rocky pasts seem to be apart of all of us. Although their more of a learning experience now that we made it this far in the world.” Her tone, at first was depressing, but soon enough a sparkle of hope entered into her. She had heard him though, and apart of her was curious, but she didn't want to push him. He wasn't a syndicate cat, but still...she learned her lesson a long time ago about being nosy.

Timid pranced around for a bit, staring into the distance as she admired the view. The pretty yellow colored trees, and the different animals. It was all new to her. This scenery. It was something she never seen. It was something that she stared in awe for a while. Her ears flickered towards Fennec, and her eyes slowly turned to him. He looked so sullen. As if he was drained of every type of love. “Don't be sad, Fenny.” She cooed at him, slightly bumping into him to catch his attention. The name had slipped out, but she thought it was a good nickname. Usually--as she thought-- nicknames made everyone feel slightly better. It was just something special about being called something different. “Life's too short for sadness!” She hopped around, dancing within the trees.

That was good. He was playing with her. He was chasing after her. Even if Timid wasn't extremely fast, she purred. Games were fun. She loved playing games. They made her feel young, like she had no worries in the world. The syndicate was long forgotten. And, in that moment all she could see was the two of them in their own world. Running. Feeling the breeze through their pelt.

As they dashed through the beautiful colors of the aspen trees, she began to slow down, looking back towards Fennec with a tired smile. The she cat tipped over, falling onto her back. The leaves seemed to match the sun perfectly, blending in together in a mixture of yellow. Her green hues glanced around, until they landed on Fennec’s own gaze. “Tired already?” She purred, then twitched her ears as she heard his words. “Well, that's the one thing about bears. You don't want to mess with him. That's asking for a death wish.” She rolled around in the grass for a bit, stretching out her body. She noticed how tensed she had been. “Koala bears are adorable!” She cooed. “Which is actually really funny since they're not in the bear family at all. Only because they carry their young in a pouch--similar to the kangaroo actually!--wait… Have you ever seen a kangaroo?”

Timid had been on a few adventures herself. Being apart of the Syndicate and sometimes having the longing to know other locations, so occasionally she dispersed herself, going into twoleg territory and finding some...amazing discoveries. Timid pinned her ears to her head, and slowly she scrambled to her paws and looked towards him. Upon his compliment, she allowed a small, shy smile to cross her maw. “Heh, thanks. I didn't really think anyone would want to know about any other species. Especially is cats-- we’re pretty proud animals.” She looked away again, hiding a familiar tinge that was ready to explode under her skin. “But I assume you know a lot about wildlife. I mean, you live here with a lot of different species,” she giggled. “And… It's a hunt or be hunted world.” Her voice was quiet as she looked down, clawing at the ground slightly with unsheathed paws. “You're either prey or predator. And, every species have a predator above them. They say it's the circle of life.”

Timid hopped up onto her paws, smiling slyly towards the tom. She began padding in front of him. “This place is a real dream. So enchanting...like a myth or something...only it’s real. And, about the only prettiest place I ever seen.” Nature was always pretty, that was for certain. Even beat the two leg’s residence. Since it was so manufactured, and this place was...left alone. Hopefully for many moons to come since Two Legs liked to ruin a lot of things.

Timid stopped looking around as she turned back to trot towards Fennec. She gave him a baffled look, rolling her eyes in a dramatic manner. “Hey! I did not tackle you.” She giggled. “It was on accident. You literally allowed me to run into you.” She bumped her head into his shoulder. “It ever occurred that you could've moved out the way?” She playfully fluttered her eyes towards the tom. But, as he leaned into head, the she cat’s ears pricked in alarm. She tilted her head slightly, but relaxed as he told her that a “deer came to say hello”.

“Hm?” Timid turned her head to stare at the majestic creature. She entered into a crouch position, creeping forward to get s good look at the other species. Deers were pretty. Powerful. Well, a lot bigger than she was. “Wow.” She blinked her eyes, staring as it stared at her. One movement, and the deer would had left. They were skittish animals, but as well as intriguing to observe. “I wish other species could understand our language, and we can understand theirs.” She glanced towards Fennec. “I can practically pick up facts about other animals based on what they do, but I would never understand their intentions for doing such things.” She huffed, but continued to watch the deer in a silent show.

On that thought, this place was an excellent observation area of undisturbed animals. Timid wouldn't mind coming here in the early morning just watching the animals as long as she could. She stepped back, allowing the deer to handle its business and she slowly walked back towards Fennec. She perched herself under his chin, nuzzling softly into his chest.

“I changed my mind,” she began. “I want to stay here, if you still don't mind the intrusion.” She knew, out here, she could make that decision. But, there would also be that one feline that would ruin it all. She just hoped it wouldn't be so soon.

(Oh wow!!!!! That place must be like REALLY pretty!!)