View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2017, 02:48 PM
Floating

My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Fennec's Hideaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Timid’s large eyes soaked in the area. She was already excited...even though she should had probably been home by now. Instead, she was taking up an offer of leaving everything she knew behind. She always figured that there would be greener grass on the other side. And, this place? Was the literal definition of it. She looked towards the blue skies to aspen trees to the pretty flowers of all sorts. She was intrigued by everything. As she whipped her head to stare at Fennec, her ears began to flat to her head and a frown appeared on her face. “What's wrong, Fennec?” Her voice was light. Why did he put himself into a submissive posture?

Timid hoped it wasn't her fault if she upset him. This made her began breathing heavily as she always felt when something happened, it was her fault. She was usually was the one easy to be picked on back in the Syndicate. She was small, she knew she was useless, but she was one of the skilled hunters. They couldn't just get rid of her...but she wanted to leave. She just didn't have enough encouragement to do that until she met… The Fennec fox look alike. She knew it wasn't a bad thing that she met him. He was so nice! Even beyond the rough...interior. Or, whatever he was hiding.

Timid didn't want to pester him. He would probably find her company unbearable and want her to leave. To Timid, she felt this was giving her a second chance at being happy. And though, she was happy being in the Syndicate...with friends. She forgot the true meaning of happiness. She was such an upbeat cat that rarely got to show that side of her.

So, she bounded forward, running as fast as she could with the small legs she had. “Come on, Fennec!” It was funny. She didn't know this place at all, but she was urging him to follow her. The beauty had left her breathless, and the fresh air entered into her nostrils like it was giving her new life. Nothing bad had to happen here, right? Timid took a whiff at the air, smelling the noticeable plants. She blinked her eyes for a moment before she continued on.

Of course, the bear...Timid stopped in her running, gradually slowing down. Her ears swiveled towards Fennec. She began lightly railing beside him, keeping her tail in a low swish. “Bears are intimidating because they're so large!” She had to admit...she was overreacting when it came to this bear situation. She could by the way Fennec was trying to convince her with his stammering. Even if she was scared, she tried her best to hold it down by simple facts she picked up from bears. “It won't attack you if you don't provoke it.” She shrugged, flicking her green eyes to look at him. “You just have to stay really still. Blend in with the surroundings and they won't bother you.” Her whiskers quivered, and she looked ahead at their destination.

Timid observed a lot of animals. From the tiniest termite to the ever so large bears. Any animal apart of the forest, the small feline knew about. Learning was everything to Timid. And, she wished to share her knowledge with other felines...but no one seem interested to know the facts she learned from observing each species. So, Timid kept it to herself. And, every now and then, she would let little facts slip out at the right moment.

As they continued on, Timid smiled at the tom’s words. “You don't have to tell me that!” She giggled. “I already know it's gorgeous here!” And, a lot better than that depressing place I call home. Home… That was a funny word to her now. She didn't understand the meaning of it, but she knew she would enjoy every moment that she had left here. The she cat began picking up her pace once more, excitement welling in her at the thought of being awestruck by such a…beautiful place.

She was already in love with air that was surrounding them. And the brilliant sunlight that lit up this place. She couldn't imagine what the moon would bring upon lighting this place up. She had wondered how long they had left before they would reach the place. Then, she figured the farther the better! But at Fennec’s words, she stared at the juniper bush, and nodded at the tom. She passed briskly towards it, passing it as Fennec said it was beyond that bush.

“Oh. My.” Exactly. Just as she thought. She was absolutely speechless. Just rooted to her spot as she stared around at this new place. Why didn't the Syndicate take this as their home? It was such a pure place. Untouched to the core. And, Fennec was lucky enough to call this his home. Her mouth was agaped, and her eyes stayed widened.
This was endless…
After a few moments of being shocked, intrigued, or any emotion bubbling with in. “This is where you live?” She stared up at him with a tilt of her head. She knew it was beautiful, she just didn't think it would be absolutely stunning!
Fennec Pursed his lips and urged his tail to pick up from the ground, his ears still pressed flat to his head. The moment Timid spoke, he let go of it all ad let his feelings take over.He was in such a depressed posture, Timid was surely suspicious. He swallowed nervously, forming the response in his head. If her were to share it, he would share it now. "Just a..touchy subject for me, thats all."he mewed, trying to return the golden she-cats light tone. Already, his ears started to return to normal, although his tail still hung down in a hook near the ground. He knew he shouldn't say anything, but the last part just slipped out, "I kinda have a rocky past."he made his voice a quiet mumble, gritting his teeth and half-hoping Timid wouldn't hear his verbal slip up.

He walked in silence with Timid for a few moments, his mind searching for something to mask up his little sentence, but he found nothing he could use. No matter where he looked in his head. It always either had the words 'family' 'Holly' 'Swift' 'Birch' or 'Thomas' involved in it. Even if he talked about his home, the real reason why he was here because he accidentally escaped from the prison he called his kin. But he couldn't tell Timid that, of course.

Fennec mouth twisted into a competitive smirk as Timid bounded forward, in a way almost teasing him to catch up to her. He smiled, and the heartbeat after she called his name, he tore away after her, keeping a swift and light-hearted run to keep up with the other feline. Already, his little slip up and Timid's question faded to the back of his mind, carried by the breeze conjured up by his fast strides. Pacing, running, stretching his legs in a confident run. The last time he acted so freely was...well, no memory came close to this one. The winds tasted like opportunity and joy, especially since he was chasing after Timid's tail tip playfully.

He slowed down with Timid, taking in breaths and panting with his sudden sprint. For some reason, when he was forced to run or when he made himself exercise, he always felt winded. But when he had to run, wither from a dg or a cat or just for fun, he never felt breathless until he stopped, like all of the tiredness caught up to him after he finished. His smile slightly faded when Timid replied to his bear comment "They are pretty big." he mewed,suddenly remembering something Swift had told him a long time ago, "Expect for...what are they called, again? I think they're called Koalo Bears. Anyways, they're super tiny, and sleep the whole entire day... right? They aren't intimidating at all." Fennec added, before watching Timid's green eyes look at his amber ones. His ears perked with interest at her information; he never really knew that much about animals, and Timid had practically studied every single one out there. He could just imagine his knowledge and his mind, next to Timid's, which was probably about three times more informed than his."Wow. You know a lot about wildlife." he commented, still watching Timid as she looked ahead of her.

Once he explained where they were going, he searched Timid's face for an expression. He was almost proud to see a smile appear on her face. He returned a smaller one, picturing the clearing in his mind. His honey-colored irises sparkled with happiness as she went on. He could only imagine what the Syndicate looked like, but judging from the looks of wonder Timid held as she scanned the territory, this place was a lot better. "It is a pretty place, isn't it? almost... surreal." he looked at the bushes ahead again, searching for some kind of pretty flower to look at or something.

Fennec watched her pass him once she spotted the dark, beryl, evergreen bush. Quick, he quickened his pace to see Timid's reaction to the new place that was bathed in the orangish-green light of the aspens. He kept quiet, not wanting words ruin the zone Timid had slipped into to observe the aspen clearing (I found this picture and i thought it would kinda look like this?), which was stunning to him even now. Fennec looked down at her dazzled expression, he laughed "I wish! But no, not exactly in this place, you know where you tackled me? I live right there. That Ponderosa tree." He slowly turned his head back to the glowing clearing, taking in the sunlight and the zephyrs and the newer and fresher smells swirling around him and intertwining with the peaceful atmosphere. He took a deep breath, and his eyes darted to a flash of movement behind a marked aspen tree. He leaned a little closer to Timid, keeping his voice quiet. "Hey, look. A deer came to say hello." he nodded his muzzle to where the deer was. Timid would like seeing the deer, right? "its right over there.".

(This is just me but i found it a bit ironic when Timid asked 'this is where you live?' because I live in an area thats looks like this X3)

Last edited by Beam; August 10th, 2017 at 07:20 PM.