View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2018, 01:45 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgefur View Post
When the black and white tom's claws met the opposing apprentice's nose leather, he felt a wave of energy like an ember crackling in his chest- his first strike in battle! But he realized he should save any cockiness until afterward, especially when he watched as the striped she-cat barreled full force at him. Her head made an impact with his gut and Stiltpaw's breath escaped him in an audible groan, before getting shaken again as his back hit the forest floor. A heavy paw hit his chin and claws nicked his lower lip, before he knew what was going on, the tom felt strikes on his neck and chest as well.

Heaving, Stiltpaw had to think of something quickly, anything that might get him out from underneath the ThunderClan cat. Unable to suppress the frustrated hissing passing through his teeth, he raised his hind legs and kicked out as hard as he could, trying to score her underside with pale claws. The distant meow about someone with a broken leg, made the young tom shiver involuntarily and he hoped to StarClan nothing like that would happen to him.
Despite the flaring pain in her now bleeding nose, Raccoonpaw felt excitement and pride well through her as she barreled right into him, bowling him over, pushing some air out of him, both thudding to the ground but the grey and black apprentice ending up on top, proceeding to batter down at him roughly, not holding anything back. Her claws graced his face, neck and chest area, her hind legs planted on the ground to give her support as she kept her strikes coming, just waiting for him to go off yowling, scared and battered. But it seems that wouldn't be the case, he wouldn't be that easy despite how young he was. Or at least how young she perceived him to be.

All of a sudden she heard a hiss escape him before she felt a huge pain in her gut, her buddy tumbling backwards and a sharp yowl of pain flooding from her as she reeled back from the pain, but not quite falling over. The rain was totally soaking her fur now and the ground beneath them was quickly turning to a muddy mess, it sticking to her fur and bogging her down. Panting heavily she tried to shake it off, tried to find the time to get rid of some of it, though still trying to hold a defensive posture. It was tiring her out, the mud sucking at her paws, the very rain seeming to draw the energy from her.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?