View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2019, 07:01 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: September Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta View Post
Dustypaw frowned and turned his gaze to the highrock, finding Agaveheart. "It's been difficult for a lot of us. Windystar's death was a shock to everyone. And Lionstorm definitely didn't help anything," he admitted, grumbling the last sentence. A lot of cats found Lionstorm's raid on their camp to be childish and reckless. Some mousebrained ShadowClan warriors move the border and suddenly there's the entirety of RiverClan, ready to fight. The only thing that diffused the situation was the fact that ShadowClan doesn't have a leader. Dustypaw turned his attention back to Pigeonpaw. "I know that StarClan will choose a good leader. They would never leave us hanging like that. It would only make sense for Agaveheart to get a sign from our ancestors telling us who the new leader is," he rambled. He had been thinking a lot about who the new leader would be. Obviously to Dustypaw, it would be a strong, brave, well-known senior warrior who was already experienced with leading. He was only a little upset that he wasn't old enough to be a candidate for deputy. One of his goals was to be the best. So naturally, he wanted to be the leader. As a kit, he'd always claim the position of the good leader during games. Dustypaw may only have started his training 2 moons ago, but he was determined to rise to the top.
"I wonder who StarClan will choose?" Pigeonpaw wondered aloud. Her heart went out to Agaveheart, the poor old medicine cat stuck with so much responsibility. Pigeonpaw didn't think she could bear it if she was in her place. She thought about all the cats of ShadowClan, and wondered to herself which one was most likely for the position. Ultimately, she didn't know any ShadowClan cats well enough to think of one that could take up the mantle. From her perspective, when she was in the invading patrol, all the ShadowClan warriors just seemed nervous and argumentative.
"What is your mentor like?" She changed the subject, thinking that neither of them were likely enjoying the conversation about the clan's weakness.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!