View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2023, 04:42 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Exclamation Tutorial Feedback

Hey everyone!

I'm tentatively working on an updated tutorial for new members. The current one appears just after registration, is semi-optional (you can click out using the header), and goes over the site layout, how to add a cat to the allegiances, and some general navigation members might need help with.

WARNING: the images in the spoiler get pretty big. I tried to resize them but things got too blurry, so I decided to leave them as is. If you would rather just go through the tutorial, click here. You'll miss out on the first screenshot but the rest should be the same.

It's fairly solid if new members read it, but it's definitely not perfect and since I wanted to try to change the formatting anyway due to technical issues, I figured this might be a good opportunity to reach out to the community.

Largely, what I'm looking for is your thoughts on the following: Think back to when you first joined!
  • What was the easiest thing for you to figure out?

• What do you think you struggled the most with?

• What do you wish you knew when you first started?

• What do you recommend telling new members who've read the tutorial?

• If you haven't already, take a look at the current tutorial shown above. What parts of it do you like? What parts do you think could be improved?
This list isn't exhaustive either - if you have anything else you'd like to add on, feel free to! If you have something to add to another member's post, please feel free to. I'd like this to be an open discussion so I can try to create something more new-member friendly.

Please do not quote or mention me.

Last edited by BEAR.; July 12th, 2023 at 08:42 AM.