View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2016, 08:53 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: Dusk Syndicate Fighters' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
As Onyx circled him, Hannibal kept his gaze forward for a moment, a very quick and fleeting thought crossing his mind, of gutting this tom right here and now just for the simple fact that he could. But the thought went away in moments. That was not classy, that was not sophisticated, that was ruthless, unclean, far from anything that he would normally do. Though he knew that if he wanted to, he could do it. Onyx certainly wouldn't expect it, they were chatting, he was laid down in his nest, seemingly docile.
But he decided against it, he didn't have a good enough reason to gut him at the moment.

The dark tom said nothing as the other tom flattered him with useless compliments, not a single emotion or any sort of look crossing the toms face, he almost appeared to be made of stone aside from the rhythmic moving of his sides as he drew breath. The words, they meant nothing to him, he was looking for the meaning behind them. Those pits of hell that he called eyes stared right back into the icy depths of Onyx's, gaze unwavering.

So that's what he's getting at with these meaningless words. He simply wants me on his side. Perhaps it was because of fear? Or maybe because he's power hungry. Whatever it is, perhaps I'll play along, let him get cozy hm? Meanwhile his face remained as stoic as ever, gaze focused on Onyx still as the tom looked towards the entrance of the den where the leader's mound was in sight.

"Don't put words in my mouth or make assumptions aloud Onyx, some may consider it rude." His pupils narrowed slightly, but not for any particular reason, it could be mistaken as anger, but Hannibal doesn't feel such emotions.

"Perhaps if you spoke with me more, then we would be on better terms of acquaintanceship. It simply can't be expected of two cats who hardly speak. How many times have we spoken hm? Twice?"

Onyx was truly trekking on dangerous path here.
With his last words, a dark smile crossed Onyx's maw. He knew about Hannibal's hatred to the rude, or if he could even call it that.

Well, this has taken a very interesting turn. he thought.

"Rude? Or maybe respect. You have that from me. The least I can get is the same in return. What is it that makes you so stoic?" he asked, his pupils shrinking into a very dark look.

"And I don't need to talk to you. I have, observed you for moons. I know your skills. You use mind tricks to lure in your prey, then you strike!" he said.

"But I am not one to subcome to your mind games, Hannibal. You can learn alot from a cat's gaze. Your's is no different. You don't like me, do you. I can't say hate, you know no such thing, but you very much so want me gone, don't you." he asked.

He knew he was stepping on the snake's tail, but he wanted to see if it would bite.

Last edited by monfang; December 23rd, 2016 at 08:57 PM.