View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:31 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: Dusk Syndicate Fighters' Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
The tom wasn't exactly trying to hide the fact that he was watching, he never did, sometimes it made cats squirm where they sat other times it didn't effect them at all, sometimes it was interesting to see what they do when they knew he was looking at them. But no, he wasn't doing that to Onyx, he was simply watching, reading and picking at his body language to make his own assumptions as to what was going through the oriental's mind, an activity he usually liked to do to the other cats and most of the time he was correct.
"My mother never taught me anything and neither did my father. But it's not staring, I'm observing. It's like reading a book really." Meowed the tom in response.
While the Syndicate was full of rude cats, many had the sense not to be rude around the dark tom and kits most certainly seemed to stay away. It wouldn't be surprising to find that queens told their kits scary stories about Hannibal devouring rude kits in order to keep them in line. And whenever there was a rude cat that happened upon Hannibal they were.. Well. They were never really seen around again.
"Indeed, he stopped me from killing their blind healer so I killed him instead. I needed information on the way their healers fight, so it wasn't for sport." The tom flicked his ear, knowing full well that's exactly what Onyx killed for. Hannibal so no class in it, he found it useless, but he didn't bother saying it or expressing it because there was no need to do so.
"He fought like a kit who was just weaned. Their healers are not trained in forms of battle, they're simply taught healing and that's it, they're useless aside from when cats are injured."
Hannibal kept those hues focused solely on Onyx, something he always did during conversation. He wasn't scared of eye contact, he wasn't scared of anything actually, in fact, he enjoyed eye contact. You could learn more about a cat from the emotions that played in their eyes than you ever would whilst speaking to them. You could really learn how a cat ticks by simply looking in their eyes. Their whole being was there. You just needed to know how to read it, and Hannibal.. He certainly knew how to read you.
"No they aren't. They are only used for healing and that's it." Onyx said, the boredom fading from his eyes slightly. "But, a kill is a kill, at least for you, is it not?" he asked. The Oriental's long ears were turned back, his eyes slightly closed.
The tom sat up, and stretched. After grooming his pelt quickly he rose to his paws and walked to the British Shorthair. He observed the other tom, taking note of his strength. He was intelligent as well. A useful resource. Intelligence was a very useful power. You could kill someone with the right mind-tricks.
"Well, Hannibal. Who do you feel should step up as Commander. Someone intelligent, someone feared..." this is one question he wanted to know. One question he wanted to find out about from every Syndicate.
With a small, emotionless grin, he narrowed his eyes slighty.
"Do you think you could be fit for leader?"